Boot RANDimations app

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by jcwilliams, Apr 8, 2011.

1. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

i have just bought this new app and it is a great app but i can not seem to get it to work. i was just hoping someone else from pe has tried it or is interested in it that could help me out. ive been talking with the developer and found where pe plays its ba from but it still wont work for me...would be better if another pe user could relate.
    thanks
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  2. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs New Member

JCDUB
    I know the app well, I helped GFlam with testing.
    Not running PE this second but if needed I can flash a back up.
    Describe what exactly is the problem you have encountered.
    And when did you notice it?
    Did you get a blank boot animation, so the screen just looked black but was still on?
    Help me help you.
  3. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

well long story short we found out that pe puts BA in system/media where as i had the directory set to data/local. so deleted the system/media one and it boots whats in data/local now but it sits at the m logo forever before it plays a ba and now it just plays the same one over and over its not randomizing the 11 i have downloaded to the randimations folder on the sdcard.
  4. danceswithbongs

I thought it put the BA in data/local, or it does for me, which allows you to keep original in system/media. This is due to the data/local being read first thus ignoring the BA in system/media.
    Quick question, where do you have the app stored? app 2 sd, internal or on an ext partition?
    Also go to the apps folder on sd, look at the size of the BAs. Possibly you've not gotten full copies downloaded from the server.
    If all the dl'd zips are under a MB, that could be it.
    Run this test for me if you can. Go to data/local and write down the size of the BA zip. Download new animation, select it and choose the install on next boot option after the zip downloads.
    Then go back to data/local and see if the zip size has changed. Then compare the new size BA, to the one you downloaded that's in the apps folder on your sd.
    hotboot or reboot and see if it is a new one.
    Let me know all the results.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
  5. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

right now i have the app on sdcard but i just recently changed it to sdcard to see if it would help.
    all the ba zips in the sdcard folder are as follows.....5.56mb,1.60mb,6.08mb,1.02mb,5.58mb,397.75k,266.52k and thats just a few of them.

right now in data/local the zip size is 7.32mb. after deleting that one and setting another one to next with in app and going back to check size it is now 1.65mb. rebooted with the new ba applied (which hot reboot dont show ba for me so had to do a full reboot) and it showed a black screen and that was it. so no ba that time.
  6. danceswithbongs

OK now we're getting somewhere.
    First move the app back to internal.
    The black animation means the zip is corrupted, so delete the 7 mb zip in the apps dl folder and the data.folder if it hasn't been switched out.

Now download that BA again and select it as next. Give time for the data connection to light up and stay lit to make sure you get the full download and pick as next.
    Compare the sizes of the zip in the app folder and data/local. If they are same size, continue and reboot.
    If they aren't, select same BA to be next, and do the size check again.

If upon reboot still no go. Take a BA you already had that worked, or dl one from the forums and move it yourself to data/local, rename it and reboot.
    If it still fails, we then know it isn't the app, but something else not connected to the app. At that point you need to ask someone maybe from PE, as that's out of my league.

Now if it works, we know the app is either malfunctioning or the server the apps dls from is buggy. So to find out which is the culprit, erase zip in data/local, move a copy of BA you copied to data/local before to the apps folder keep the name as is, don't change to ba.zip.
    Now select it in app to load.
    Make sure new zip is right size and reboot. If that works it means erase all earlier BA downloads and redownload them again, as more than likely they are all corrupted.

Let me know the final results and then if needed I'll talk to dev and we will get it solved.
    But keep me informed.

I had some downloads from that server which were corrupted, so it may be that. Upon redownload they were all fine.

I await word from you.

danceswithbongs
  7. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ok great thanks for the help. I am at work now so won't be able to do anything else till tonight. I will let you know though!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  8. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

ok so yesterday i had some time at work and just uninstalled the app and deleted the whole app folder on the sdcard then rebooted. reinstalled and downloaded like 5 ba again. set one to next and it works. same size in data/local as in app folder. the ba works but when i rebooted this morning it didnt randomize it just played that same one that i set to play next yesterday. is there a setting that i am missing that allows the app to randomly pick one rather than have me pick the next one?

edit:the app is on internal memory
  9. danceswithbongs

The app will only change after a full reboot, so if you choose the next. That is what will show after hot boot everytime, and after a full reboot once.
    After full reboot it detects the mounting which sets app in motion moving new BA to local. If you hot reboot after phone is all awake and connected, you should see the new BA. Don't forget it is random so with only 5 you have 20% chance same one will load again.
    Let me know if it is all in working order.

danceswithbongs
  10. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

And if set as next works then it should work fine as they use the same basic method i literally copied and pasted them into the two java files only difference was i removed the random code for the set as next but if that works then it should be fine to work. But yes as dwb said it takes a full reboot hot reboots won't change as it listens for the sdcard to mount so even mounting ur phone via usb to ur computer and then unmounting will change it

11. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Yea it's working now must gave been good old operator error Lol

Thanks guys I like the app a lot! A lot of good back in it!

12. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Glad it's working for u if u need any help with anything feel free to contact me

Search tags for this page

boot randimations apk

randimations full