Boot Manager

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody else using Boot Manager? I'm trying to get Liberty 3 to install but it wont boot. I've tried everything I know...

Boot Manager

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got it working, but the market kept force closing... IDK why

Boot Manager

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely try it. I love it, but my phone is pretty finicky. I have found that you must not mess with the phone at all, change screen timeout to 30 minutes and don't plug it in. Then it will flash right. It takes approximately 10 minutes to flash a ROM to a slot.

I run CM7 and then use Boot Manager to boot into a Blur ROM so I can watch Netflix with my HDMI. I haven't had any issues with Darkslide but I did have that issue with Liberty. I'll try it again later

Its my favorite app so far... support is great also.

Boot Manager

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to use a GB kernel 2nd INIT ROM for your base. I'm using Revnumbers CM7 as my base.

You can also use OMFGB or MIUI GB as the base.

As for your other ROMs, they can be any GB kernel ROM.

One thing to remember, make a backup of your base ROM before you use Boot Manager. If you have any issues such as a bad install, just pull the battery and your phone will boot into Clockwork recovery. Then just restore your backup and you're back up and running. No need to sbf

Boot Manager

clueless77

Reaction score
just making sure and i hate asking so many questions, this is the REVnumbers from rom toolbox, and which build

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
just making sure and i hate asking so many questions, this is the REVnumbers from rom toolbox, and which build

It should work with any build. I have used it on 3 different builds ROM the Toolbox.

Just make sure it takes about 10 minutes to install to the SD and unzips all the apk's. I have had a bunch of issues on flashing certain ROMs with it not getting to that step and then saying its a successful install

Boot Manager

en28so

Reaction score
I'm using it. It's cool. But when I boot into another rom, I end up with like 850 mb of internal memory (when I'm in the phone rom I have 5gb available). I know, it's weird because the booted Rom is supposed to run off the sd card.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using it. It's cool. But when I boot into another rom, I end up with like 850 mb of internal memory (when I'm in the phone rom I have 5gb available). I know, it's weird because the booted Rom is supposed to run off the sd card.

Yeah, that's because it is reading off a partition made on your SD card. It is reading off your SD. You could make the partition larger, but it would take up more space on your SD Card.

BTW, I'm also on Init2winit forum, Ive seen you over there.

Boot Manager

en28so

Reaction score
Yeah, that's because it is reading off a partition made on your SD card. It is reading off your SD. You could make the partition larger, but it would take up more space on your SD Card.

BTW, I'm also on Init2winit forum, Ive seen you over there.

Boot Manager

Oh cool. Thanks for the explanation.

en28so

Reaction score
Hey guys. Can any of you go into recovery after installing boot manager? I haven't been able to.

jas2

Reaction score
Hey guys. Can any of you go into recovery after installing boot manager? I haven't been able to.

I just tried and did not go into recovery from the reboot options menu in boot manager. I got the droid triangle screen. I took the battery out and put it back in and when I turned it on it immediately went into recovery. Probably not exactly the way it was designed to work but I was able to get back where I started.