Boot manager/miui issue

ksalce

Reaction score
Hello I just used boot manager and installed the newest miui rom through boot manager on slot one. It installs sucessfully and boots into miui but there is no data connection whatsoever (2G/3G). WiFi works fine but its very annoying that I can't use the internet on my phone with miui unless I'm connected through WiFi. Does anyone know if this is a miui issue or an issue with boot manager and if there is a way to fix it? My phone Rom I'm using right now is rcmix3d 4.0. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
Hello I just used boot manager and installed the newest miui rom through boot manager on slot one. It installs sucessfully and boots into miui but there is no data connection whatsoever (2G/3G). WiFi works fine but its very annoying that I can't use the internet on my phone with miui unless I'm connected through WiFi. Does anyone know if this is a miui issue or an issue with boot manager and if there is a way to fix it? My phone Rom I'm using right now is rcmix3d 4.0. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sounds like the miui kernel issue. Did you flash a different kernel? Currently the only ones working with MIUI are the one built into miui and Aeroevan's 0.7 BFS version from RootzWiki. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/7717-kernel-aeroevan-vivow-kernels-for-aosp/

CFS kernels break 3G on miui at the moment.

OP
K

ksalce

Reaction score
I tried the default kernel and the kernel you provided in the link and I still can't get data to work. It's very annoying im not sure what else I can do. It really sucks because miui ics is coming soon and it looks like I won't be able to use it :(

ABQNM

Reaction score
Are you doing a clean install on the slot? As in you wipe it before you use it? I never tried MIUI on one of the slots as that was my base rom. Have you tried flashing it on the phone to see if it works then? Could be a boot manager issue with the MIUI kernel, which has been very picky since 1.10.7.

sjpritch25

Reaction score
Currently, Aeroevans bfs .7 only kernal works with MIUI. I've been using it for a couple months now. Depending on your Recovery, i would wipe all partitions. Note, its why i recommend 4ext recovery because it offers a lot more options. Anyways, just download the new update. 1.12.2 http://roms.miui.us/vivow/MIUI.us_vivow_1.12.2_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_buildbot.zip and then download aeroevans .7 bfs kernal Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!. Just make sure you wipe everything, factory reset, cache, advanced dalvick-cache. Afterwards, flash rom and then flash kernal. I recommend using the MIUI backup tool to back up apps and wifi settings before following my instructions.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Currently, Aeroevans bfs .7 only kernal works with MIUI. I've been using it for a couple months now. Depending on your Recovery, i would wipe all partitions. Note, its why i recommend 4ext recovery because it offers a lot more options. Anyways, just download the new update. 1.12.2 http://roms.miui.us/vivow/MIUI.us_vivow_1.12.2_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_buildbot.zip and then download aeroevans .7 bfs kernal Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!. Just make sure you wipe everything, factory reset, cache, advanced dalvick-cache. Afterwards, flash rom and then flash kernal. I recommend using the MIUI backup tool to back up apps and wifi settings before following my instructions.

Appreciate the info and that is good advice, but this thread is referring to installing MIUI on boot manager, a separate app that allows you to run up to 4 roms on your phone and switch between them. It is a bit more complicated than just a normal phone rom install.