Boot Loop

gothdroid

Reaction score
I just bought my Droid on Sunday and I used Mybackup Pro for the first time tonight, and since I used it my Droid has been stuck in a boot loop. It is an unrooted basically stock Droid. I tried to do a hard reset and below is all that I was getting when I clicked wipe data/factory reset,

-- Wiping data...
Performing BP Clear...
E: Finished unsuspend
E: From flash to normal mode
E: open dev
(^ a few more times)
E: Reached max number of retries, giving up...
E: Failed to init the engine! aux_status=1.
BP clear failed
Formatting DATA:...
Formatting CACHE:...
Data wipe complete.

Any suggestions besides taking it back to VZW and trying to get a new phone, I am within my 30 days to return if need be.

<EDIT> All it does is load up to the Motorola symbol and before it hits the Droid boot up its just turns off briefly and goes back to the Motorola symbol

claustin

Reaction score
hell yeah take it back. A stock phone shouldn't do that shiz. Wouldn't even think the 30 day thing would matter. Seems more like a warranty issue.

mach330

Reaction score
ok so i updated to the latest clockwork mod (i think it's 3.0.8) for gingerbread. not sure if this is part of the issue. I cleared data/cache several times and reinstalled my backup rom (as well as a fresh rom). Now i'm stuck on a bootloop. You think it's the clockworkmod? now do i install the old one back (since i boot my phone).

i'm pretty familiar with the whole rom/root so i've pretty much tried clearing everything and anything (including battery pulls) and nothing.

any suggestions?

ShdwWolf

Reaction score
What version of CWM did you update from? Most recoveries made from older versions will not work/are unsupported by 3.0.0.8.

Edit: You can try wiping Dalvik as well as cache and data to see if that helps.

mach330

Reaction score
What version of CWM did you update from? Most recoveries made from older versions will not work/are unsupported by 3.0.0.8.

Edit: You can try wiping Dalvik as well as cache and data to see if that helps.

i had 3.0.0.6 before i upgraded to 3.0.0.8. i've wiped data/cache/dalvik several times as well. no luck.

can i flash th PB13* flash again? I have s-off or will that make it even worse.