boot loop upon a reboot.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
happens either way. as soon as maarket restores an app your done. miami tested it on his phone and same outcome.

FWIW I've been running the "stock" theme since release. Applications have updated and I'm able to reboot into recovery, reboot and power on and off fine.

Interesting issue to say the least

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not only am I not having this issue, I was also able to install thebowers Black Market with no problems, Market sync is fine for me, as is everything else

I posted in the UD thread earlier, this is the most impressed I have been with a ROM since I first rooted and flashed AdamZ's S/G back in January

jynylr

Reaction score
This happened to me also. I was wondering if it had something to do with ChevyNo1's ULV 1.25 kernel i installed. Mine didn't seem to have this problem until after i installed the kernel

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not only am I not having this issue, I was also able to install thebowers Black Market with no problems, Market sync is fine for me, as is everything else

I posted in the UD thread earlier, this is the most impressed I have been with a ROM since I first rooted and flashed AdamZ's S/G back in January

I also installed TheBowers black market and everything is running fine. Looks very elegant! I always amaze my non rooted droid user friends.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This happened to me also. I was wondering if it had something to do with ChevyNo1's ULV 1.25 kernel i installed. Mine didn't seem to have this problem until after i installed the kernel

yes kernels can cause a lot of issues.

Bootloops to Wi-Fi and everything in between.

I once had a kernel not enable me to use Tapatalk...couldn't log in or view anything.

Everything else worked great but I that one problem. Flashed a different kernel and voila everything worked

dadajack

Reaction score
I had the UD screen lock up going from CM6 after stock wipe and cache sip b4 install of the ROM in the link at the beginning of the other UD thread. I am excited to try it. I like the default theme of the Wager ROM. I like the vanilla flavor of Skyraider. I just like the sense dialer and contacts widget.

Meowmix

Reaction score
And that was my initial thought. I did flash Chevy Med volt 1.1 kernal right after I installed 8.0 the first time. So after that first bootloop I flashed the rom with no kernal,just stock and still bootlooped. That's why this is such a pain in the butt because kernals are usually the problem for most wifi, internet, flash, downloading, random reboot and bootloop problems. But this is something weird. I'm still working on ideas and I will let you all know if I come up with something.

Takenover83

Reaction score
I also had this problem with UD 8. Everything worked great until I rebooted. Did not matter if I was running a modified kernel or stock that came with UD 8. Nt sure what was causing it. Restored back to cyan 6.0. Glad to see I was not the only one.

Meowmix

Reaction score
Ok my ultimate Droid friends good news on my behalf. Who wants to know how I got 8.0 up and running? Ok so I what I did was once loaded, don't hot that little green android to get started. Hit the four corners, upper left, upper right, lower right, then lower left. Thus bypasses all google sync and goes straight to the phone. I rebooted and all was well. Then synced gmail and rebooted and all was well. Then loaded every app with titanium backup one at a time with reboot and it all worked. Then wiped data on market and restarted market to show all current apps and reboot still worked. So I think I got a fix. Just bypass the initial sync and sync your gmail and titanium upload your apps and reboot and it should work. Can someone else confirm this for me. Good luck

supr2nr

Reaction score
Ok my ultimate Droid friends good news on my behalf. Who wants to know how I got 8.0 up and running? Ok so I what I did was once loaded, don't hot that little green android to get started. Hit the four corners, upper left, upper right, lower right, then lower left. Thus bypasses all google sync and goes straight to the phone. I rebooted and all was well. Then synced gmail and rebooted and all was well. Then loaded every app with titanium backup one at a time with reboot and it all worked. Then wiped data on market and restarted market to show all current apps and reboot still worked. So I think I got a fix. Just bypass the initial sync and sync your gmail and titanium upload your apps and reboot and it should work. Can someone else confirm this for me. Good luck

That worked perfectly. Spread the word that seems to fix the issue.

hydweb

Reaction score
masprague, can u post a list of apps you have form market, then i can compare to mine and test the ones that match up. try and make it a bit quicker than 35 reboots lol.

If that doesn't work out then install half the apps. If you boot fine then you only have 17.5 reboots left. Half again and if it boots fine then you know its one of the other 8.75 apps. Once more and you are down to 4.375 apps. Finally, when you get to 2.1875 apps you will soon know which app is missing .45323 percent of its stuff :)

Now thats thinking like an engineer... probability is ur friend. unless ofcourse after doing this u still cant find the issue. :-/

luigi90210

Reaction score
its a market app, im having the same issue since yesterday. working on figuring out what app it is.

gonna reload each of my 35 apps by hand and see which causes it. ughh
i got this glitch as well and i fixed it by clearing the market data hope that helps

Meowmix

Reaction score
I dont think its from the apps, seeing how i got all my apps to upload and be ok. I think its somewhere in the sync process on bootup. Why this only effects some phones is beyond me.