Boot Loop - Please Help

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by BoilerUp, Jun 22, 2010.

1. BoilerUp

BoilerUp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Over the weekend my phone got stuck at the M logo. I finally got it to recover, had to pull battery for phone to boot up and then flashed oldest clockwork recovery available. Tonight I restarted my phone and it gets stuck at the droid red eye or whatever that is. I can't get anywhere. I did notice befor reboot that I had 60% battery left. will try co-workers battery tomorrow and see what i get. otherwise I am at a loss. the pulled battery trick with the charger cable plugged in did not work so now what?

moto droid, bb froyo (forget version, can't access phone) nextheme, titanium backup, clockwork mod

2. mgrover1

mgrover1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you can manually boot into recovery i would recommend flashing a backup if you have one

3. BoilerUp

BoilerUp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have tons of backups, just can't get to recovery. when i hold in the x key it does nothing. it makes me think my version of clockwork recovery may be bad or something

4. mgrover1

mgrover1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can unroot and reroot by using rsdlite

5. BoilerUp

BoilerUp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does my phone have to boot up though in order to do that? It will not even boot up. I have had it plugged in for the past hour and it is still at the red droid eye. I remember doing the rsdliste when I rooted originally, but i thought I have to get into one of the recovery screens

6. mgrover1

mgrover1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hold the phone with the keyboard slid out and hold up and the dpad while holding powe

hold the phone with the keyboard slid out and hold up and the dpad while holding power button and then tell me what comes up

7. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Turn your phone off. Then hold up on the d-pad while it is booting. (sorry, know what you were saying but it was a little confusing) this gets you into bootloader mode. From here you will have to use rsdlite again and reflash.

(just my opinion----- stay away from clockwork recovery)

with sprecovery you could still get to your recovery from the point you are at. With clockwork you actually have to fully boot

8. mgrover1

mgrover1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for helpin me out

9. BoilerUp

BoilerUp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After holding down that key sequence:
    Boot Loader
    2C.6C
    Battery OK
    PK to Program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB

No matter if the phone is plugged into the wall or my laptop i get nothing at this screen

10. kenbarnum

kenbarnum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is my reply to someone else that had our problem from 6/10 on another thread:
    This happened to me today. I believe Rom Manager caused it when we flashed the latest version of clockwork...It was a bad version or something...
    anyway, here is what I did:

Since it was in a boot loop it took a lot of trial and error to get the bootloader screen (I had to have the phone hooked up to my PC and push my battery (low battery from all the boot loops) in as I was pushing power and up on the d pad)...took several tries.
    Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

I then flashed sprecovery back on. Downloaded the 2.1 rooted update zip, transfered to the sd card, installed.
    That booted but a bunch of system files were still corrupt or missing so I had no 3g, wireless, or cell service.
    Tried redoing the baseband update but was no help.
    Downloaded Petes new froyo to PC, transferred to droid and reinstalled using sprecovery.

That actually loaded with what seemed to be a few small issues. I downloaded rom manager. Flashed a clockwork recovery (just in case).
    Then I installed one of my backups BBv1.1 from rom manager.

Seems to work perfectly again and I think I will wait a while before trying froyo or petes froyo...This problem set me back 3 hours!

Then SRGENT ROOT said:
    i fixed it by puting my sd card in my pc and puting in the stock

Maybe the two of these will help...sorry..it is a pain in the ass

11. BrownYacht

BrownYacht New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it was my battery, I just tried installing update.zip (bb v.4) and it actually installed it. At the welcome to droid screen, and had to input my google account, is this normal or did i lose root.

Search tags for this page

sharp atnt phone stuck in powering up loop