boot loop- Moto droid need help

SRGENT ROOT

Reaction score
so i was trying to put an new theme on my droid i usualy use rom manager and i have back ups for rom manager. i was getting the moto boot loop then some one told me to use spr so i did and i got the boot loop and i thought the back ups were compatable... they are not. so i am stuck in the moto boot with no back ups i can us my sd cand by puting it in my computer though. i have no idea what to do i just rooted yesterday.
sorry for bad spelling and puncuation

Edit i just put in a default 2.0.1 update.zip and unrooted

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
in sprecovey click mount, enable sd card and you are able to remove and add files on your sdcard through your phone (just like cw)

You are going to have to install a sprecovery based rom wipe data cache and reboot. Once you get you phone up and running you can use rom manager to reflash clockwork or install another rom.

sirthanh

Reaction score
look through the rom section on this forum and find one that has a nandroid back up for SPrecovery. Use that as a back up and you're good to go..

kpiskin

Reaction score
That happened to me today when I installed the latest version. I just reflashed and all was good.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
This happened to me today. I believe Rom Manager caused it when we flashed the latest version of clockwork...It was a bad version or something...
anyway, here is what I did:

Since it was in a boot loop it took a lot of trial and error to get the bootloader screen (I had to have the phone hooked up to my PC and push my battery (low battery from all the boot loops) in as I was pushing power and up on the d pad)...took several tries.
Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

I then flashed sprecovery back on. Downloaded the 2.1 rooted update zip, transfered to the sd card, installed.
That booted but a bunch of system files were still corrupt or missing so I had no 3g, wireless, or cell service.
Tried redoing the baseband update but was no help.
Downloaded Petes new froyo to PC, transferred to droid and reinstalled using sprecovery.

That actually loaded with what seemed to be a few small issues. I downloaded rom manager. Flashed a clockwork recovery (just in case).
Then I installed one of my backups BBv1.1 from rom manager.

Seems to work perfectly again and I think I will wait a while before trying froyo or petes froyo...This problem set me back 3 hours!

OP
S

SRGENT ROOT

Reaction score
i fixed it by puting my sd card in my pc and puting in the stock