Boot Loop at Motorola Logo

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by skytower31, Mar 25, 2010.

1. skytower31

skytower31 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    Rooted and installed DM1.0 with the dmupdater last night. On initial install of DM1.0 I would get a boot loop at the Motorola logo. Reinstalled DM1.0 and it booted fine. Rebooted the phone and it went back into boot loop at the M logo. Restored back to stock.

This morning I reinstalled DM1.0 and after installed it booted fine. First reboot and it looped again.

I followed the guide at DroidMod and I did not wipe data as I was coming from stock 2.0.1

Thoughts?

Thanks.

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,643
    If you rooted for the first time you should have wiped data save apps. First try loading in to recovery and restore from simple nandroid backup latest

Step 1: Boot into SPRecovery
    Power down the Droid completely.
    While holding “X” on the physical keyboard, hold the power button to turn on the phone. You may let go of the power button, but do not let go of X.
    [​IMG]
    After a few seconds, a green-gold colored Android logo should appear behind the SPRecovery Console menu.

Full System Backup Using Nandroid

by Root Your Droid on Jan.20, 2010, under Guides, Root
    As you learned in the Custom Recovery Image guide, SPRecovery is a powerful recovery replacement that allows you to make full system backups. What do we mean by “full system backup?” It is a package created by Nandroid, a utility within SPRecovery, that contains all of the data and system information on your phone. In essence, it’s a direct 1-to-1 copy of your Droid’s software. We can take this copy and save it in case something goes wrong. If we don’t like the way our Droid operates after a certain hack or if we brick it completely, we can take this backup and restore our phone to a working state.
    It’s a very simple process and does not require a computer at all. I recommend making a Nandroid backup at least once a month and before every major hack you perform on the Droid. You can never be too safe, and it would be a nuisance to backup to an earlier state that does not have your most recent data. Remember, save often; avoid frustration.
    Disclaimer
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] (1/5)
    Requirements:

[​IMG]
    Step 1: Boot into SPRecovery
    Power down the Droid completely.
    While holding “X” on the physical keyboard, hold the power button to turn on the phone. You may let go of the power button, but do not let go of X.
    [​IMG]
    After a few seconds, a green-gold colored Android logo should appear behind the SPRecovery Console menu.
    [​IMG]
    You may now let go of X and are now ready to perform a Nandroid backup.
    [​IMG]
    Step 2: Perform Backup
    From the SPRecovery menu, use the directional pad to navigate to “backup/restore”. Hit the gold, center button to select it. This will open a new menu with 4 options. For now, we will only concern ourselves with the “Simple Nandroid backup”. Select it at this time.
    [​IMG]
    Once the process has begun, do not power off the phone or press any buttons. At the bottom of the screen, you will see a progress bar showing the progress of the system backup. In orange text, you will also see what is currently operating.
    [​IMG]
    After a few minutes, the backup process will be complete. You will see “(done)” towards the bottom.
    [​IMG]
    You have now successfully backed up your Droid’s system. Next, you will learn how to restore a backup you’ve made.
    [​IMG]
    Step 3: Perform Restore
    Navigate to the “backup/restore” menu until you see the 4 Nandroid options. This time we will select “Simple Nandroid restore (latest)”.
    [​IMG]
    Once again the process is completely automatic. Just like in the bac
    follow step 1 and 3

images are from: Full System Backup Using Nandroid | Root Your Droid

3. pthance

pthance Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page

droid utility helps get rid of boot loop

moto defy m logo boot loop

motorola logo boot loop droidx2