Boot loop after installing new boot animation

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by senordeuce, Jul 6, 2011.

1. senordeuce

senordeuce New Member

Yesterday I tried to install one of the boot animations from the Liquid Settings menu. It did the working thing for a while, and eventually I got tired of waiting and pressed back. Rebooted the phone for the first time since that this morning, and the boot animation is there but the phone is boot looping. Once I got all the way to the lockscreen then it immediately rebooted again.

Any way to fix this without flashing back to an old backup? Just installed LGB 2.1 a couple of days ago, but I don't really want to flash back and then have to reflash 2.1 and reset-up everything if I don't have to. Thanks for your help.
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Have you been able to get back into the phone yet or are you still locked out/stuck with it rebooting? I never had this problem when switching the boot animations but if you can get into your phone you could try disabling the boot anim from liquid settings and see what happens. Or try installing again and letting it run all the way, it may not have finished downloading/installing when you backed out.
  3. senordeuce

senordeuce New Member

Yeah I went ahead and flashed back to an old back up because I had to have my phone working. I never could get back into the phone. One time it got to the lockscreen but then it rebooted again anyway. Now I know better than to back out while its installing a boot animation.
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Too bad you had to restore. I know that can be a pain. The reason it was probably taking so long or longer than normally was because it actually downloads the file from a server first then installs it. The boot animations are at least 5mb, the last one I did was 8mb, so that's where the delay was especially if you didn't have the best signal at the time.

Sent from my Droid 2 using Tapatalk
  5. senordeuce

senordeuce New Member

Thanks for responding. Didn't think about download time when I decided to install it. I was probably on 3g. 8mbs won't be a problem once I have a Bionic with LTE in a couple weeks.
Search tags for this page
boot loop after ganti boot animation

bootanimation bootloop

bootloop after installing boot animation
can a boot animation cause bootloop
cause of bootloop android
how to recover boot loop because of changing boot animation
is changing boot animation cause boot loop
phone stuck on boot animation custom boot animation problem
stuck at boot loop after installing boot animation
stuck at bootloop after installing boot animation