[Boot Animations] Galaxy Nexus Boot Animations ~ Retired.

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I had a request...could you make a boot animation of the avatar for the IBM Watson computer?

Very intrigued.. I found 6-8 different avatars.. Is there one that you find more desirable? - Link it in and I will work something up..

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't tell the boss... I pulled this together on my work machine: - Thanks for the donation.
Portal2v5.gif

|| Download

I made the same boot animation like 2 weeks ago.. I made a theme for portal and everything... hahahaha

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, how about this clip for a landscape boot ani:

[video=youtube;GGPIQ72-2Vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGPIQ72-2Vg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Ok now I have to wonder if people didn't see my boot animation on XDA and come over here asking for the landscape version(which I keep forgetting to do)

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok now I have to wonder if people didn't see my boot animation on XDA and come over here asking for the landscape version(which I keep forgetting to do)

You can take this one and use it if you so desire. No one will ever know.. :)

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You can take this one and use it if you so desire. No one will ever know.. :)

Mine is actually the full 50 second ad sped up quite a bit. I wanted to steal the audio too but thought that was too much. I'm just happy to see I wasn't the only person making youtube boot animations haha :happy3:

bcpresk

Reaction score
Very intrigued.. I found 6-8 different avatars.. Is there one that you find more desirable? - Link it in and I will work something up..
220px-Watson's_avatar.jpg

I think that having the earth of Watson this color blue, and as far as the animation is, just the normal light beams flying around would be awesome! :)
the closer it is to this picture the better

another thing that I would like to add, is when it first boots up, having the 5 lines above the earth light up from left to right kind of like the earth logo at the end of IBM commercials would be fantastic

supguise

Reaction score

That's exactly what happened man. I was the one who asked for the landscape version on XDA but like you said, you forgot about it :rofl3: So I came here to learn how to make it myself using JaeKar99's turotial but I ran into problems so I asked Jae if he could give it a try.

Hey but how bout that Portal theme?

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
View attachment 53553

I think that having the earth of Watson this color blue, and as far as the animation is, just the normal light beams flying around would be awesome! :)
the closer it is to this picture the better

another thing that I would like to add, is when it first boots up, having the 5 lines above the earth light up from left to right kind of like the earth logo at the end of IBM commercials would be fantastic

I have a lengthy Watson animation that I can draw from that will work. Wish me luck. Gonna dive into After Effects tonight.

bcpresk

Reaction score
I have a lengthy Watson animation that I can draw from that will work. Wish me luck. Gonna dive into After Effects tonight.

Thank you! :) I'm excited to see what you create. You produce awesome boot animations!

bcpresk

Reaction score
It looks GREAT!!! :) but it isn't working on my phone, I'm on a Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2) and it is currently running Android 4.0.4

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I wasn't running Nexus, I hope you can still do it

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I wasn't running Nexus, I hope you can still do it

Yeah... just need to revised resolution and install instructions..

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what happened man. I was the one who asked for the landscape version on XDA but like you said, you forgot about it :rofl3: So I came here to learn how to make it myself using JaeKar99's turotial but I ran into problems so I asked Jae if he could give it a try.

Hey but how bout that Portal theme?

It's already posted in the themes section of AndroidCentral. I can post it here too

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Here is the link to the bootanimation.zip file. It cannot be flashed.. you have to copy and paste in the data/local folder.. The resolution is set at 480x800..

I also noted I have some artifacts from the editing that I will need to clean up.. take a bit of time.

Enjoy.