[Boot Animations] Galaxy Nexus Boot Animations ~ Retired.

supguise

Reaction score
Hey, how about this clip for a landscape boot ani:

[video=youtube;GGPIQ72-2Vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGPIQ72-2Vg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

SniperDroid

Reaction score
I believe the resolution is the same.. They should work. You will need to extract the bootanimation.zip and copy~paste to your destination directory.

Well, I didn't know what directory to dump it into, and couldn't find another bootanimation file. I figured, 'What the hell! What's the worst that could happen". I had a copy in my Dropbox, so I downloaded it from there to my Nexus7. Rom Manager found it and I started the flash! Rom Manager could not flash it from the dropbox file location on it's own, but it left me in Clockwork mod Touch. I just navigated to the file and loaded it. Cool!

The size must be a little different for tablets because you can see some unused screen on the sides in portrait mode. Other than that, it works great.

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well, I didn't know what directory to dump it into, and couldn't find another bootanimation file. I figured, 'What the hell! What's the worst that could happen". I had a copy in my Dropbox, so I downloaded it from there to my Nexus7. Rom Manager found it and I started the flash! Rom Manager could not flash it from the dropbox file location on it's own, but it left me in Clockwork mod Touch. I just navigated to the file and loaded it. Cool!

The size must be a little different for tablets because you can see some unused screen on the sides in portrait mode. Other than that, it works great.

I would imagine that the orientation of the images needs to be 90 degrees swapped..

cupfulloflol

Reaction score

The N7 has 1280 x 800 (16:10) vs the GN's 1280 x 720 (16:9). So these are a little smaller than what the N7 would need to take up the full screen.

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The N7 has 1280 x 800 (16:10) vs the GN's 1280 x 720 (16:9). So these are a little smaller than what the N7 would need to take up the full screen.

Well that explains it.. I would imagine that the boot can easily be modified with an adjustment to the desc.txt file resolution settings.

Thanks for the help cupfuloflol! - Brain has escaped me.:blink:

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Okay... This is what I can assemble in the time I have this morning.. May need some refinement...
Portal2v3.gif

|| Download

supguise

Reaction score
Okay... This is what I can assemble in the time I have this morning.. May need some refinement...
Portal2v3.gif

|| Download

Thanks for whipping something up in the time u had, appreciate it.

You're right, it needs a little refinement in terms of stuttering and freezing but it looks awesome and fits the screen perfectly. I was wondering, though, would the entire clip be too big of a file to display?

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for whipping something up in the time u had, appreciate it.

You're right, it needs a little refinement in terms of stuttering and freezing but it looks awesome and fits the screen perfectly. I was wondering, though, would the entire clip be too big of a file to display?

You are also correct the entire clip would lead to a file of ~ 24 megabytes and the stuttering would be substantially worse or it may black out completely.. I will need to dial down the resolution of the images about 20% for it to flow smoothly.. Should be able to do that tonight.

supguise

Reaction score
Sounds good, take your time. Sucks about the file size but I noticed you got around 12 or 13 seconds of the clip into the animation so can I request, if you don't mind, 2 boot ani's: The first one u made and one from about :32 to :45?

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sounds good, take your time. Sucks about the file size but I noticed you got around 12 or 13 seconds of the clip into the animation so can I request, if you don't mind, 2 boot ani's: The first one u made and one from about :32 to :45?

I should be able to do that.

OP
JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Don't tell the boss... I pulled this together on my work machine: - Thanks for the donation.
Portal2v5.gif

|| Download

bcpresk

Reaction score
I had a request...could you make a boot animation of the avatar for the IBM Watson computer?