Boot Animations from Animated GIFS

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Shibbey, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definately need a larger GIF than that. The larger the better. Remember, with graphics it is easy to shrink, compress etc...but enlarging causes a lot of deteriation of the quality.

If you find a video or animated GIF (much more preferred) just post a link to it or attach it in this thread. When I have time between 12 credit hours and working full time, I can work on making the boot image for you. Mbk, would probably beat me to it though. Lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A GIF is a file format for images, like jpg or png, or bmp, etc... you can do a google search for GIFs. Animated ones actually have a slide show, per say. Again, try a google search for "aminated gif" to see examples, or refer to the ones above.

3. nyghtryder_9

nyghtryder_9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cool ill look for some tomorrow after i wake from hibernation! then ill get them to you

4. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Not me.... this is your baby Shibbey....

I just like to tinker for my own Droid. I have that DragonDroid bootanimation running on my UltimateDroid ROM now, along with my own personal custom theme that I only made for myself and port from ROM to ROM.

I just liked your idea of using GIFs for the images.... had been getting many of my images from existing bootanimations up til now, with a few self created images here and there.... but now after your idea, I've been getting those GIF images and also now editing them further using GIMP... kinda fun and for self-amusement mostly...lol:p:D

5. nyghtryder_9

nyghtryder_9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

dont know if these would work

6. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mbk, I hear ya bud. I mainly do this to tinker with my own too. Just recently delved into rooting and modding a few months ago. Never saw the point before. I was missing out! I started this thread simply because it is actually a very simple process and does not take too long. Figured I could help a few people out that have been wanting their own too.....but time limited. Lol

I am glad my creative thinking has boosted your creative spirit as well.

7. IcyStorm

IcyStorm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So... the maximum size for these boot animation images are 480x845 (according to Mbk's earlier post)? Would smaller images cause any distortion or resizing or stretching?

Is there a limit to the length of the boot animations?

8. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life

Ratings:
    +4
    Smaller images resized up would certainly lose image quality. Distortion would come if the aspect ratio of the image is changed...for instance if you had an image that was 480 480, and you resized that to 480 by 800 .....

Maximum length isn't really limited, but the more images there are the more chance of sluggish animation or most of the images not playing by the time your Droid boots up....especially on a part0 of a two part BA

9. IcyStorm

IcyStorm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I was asking if I used smaller images, would Android automatically enlarge it or anything like that?

10. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah you can do that by setting the size larger in your desc.txt file......but doesn't always work right, especially if you have differing sizes or images are too small....but usually you can cammond it from that file.
    It's just probably better though to use a image editor resize, but not absolutely a must...

11. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The smaller one may be a bit on the small side, but could work out nice. Hard to tell till I give it a shot.
    The larger one would work just fine, but without any movement to it. I do not have the time nor the experience to begin adding effects for the nice animation part of it. If you want it as a still image boot up, then it would work just fine.

12. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry all for being away..school, kids, and work have me beat down some.

Mbk, finally checked out your Dragon boot... nice job. I gotta say, I was concerned about having a seizure there for a sec! LOL

Search tags for this page
android animated gif
android boot animation gif
android gif
android.gif
blue gifs

bootanimation

boot animation gif

boot animations

gif boot animation
gif to boot animation