Boot Animations from Animated GIFS

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Shibbey, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I tinkered and came up with what I refer to as my DragonDroid bootanimation for Ultimate Droid on my Droid, but I haven't figured out a good way to upload a preview of it that plays it like it does on my Droid...

thought you'd like to have a looksee at my first one created from pulling images off of GIFs...thanks again Bro for the idea...:)
    attached are some of the images that I've ysed so you guys get the idea about what it is.... until I figure out a better way to get a preview up...:icon_eek:

DragonDroid_UltimateDroid_bootanimation.zip

download using the free basic way from FileFactory...

EDIT: actually I made the mistake of extracting all the images as PNGs....which made some of them larger... probably best to extract as JPGs..... the dragon flames image extracted as 72 KB when pulled as a PNG, but less than 20 KBs if extracted as a JPG... just FYI...;)

Attached Files:

2. JasonAsWell

JasonAsWell Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Forgive my ignorance, but what do I do with the .png files to create a boot animation. I've got tons of cool gifs.

3. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    Once you have all of your images extracted...or have your own (keeping all the images about the same size is best, but not a must)...then you need to number them in a sequence, for ex... 001, 002, 003, 004, etc...(best to add a couple zeros in front because otherwise the commands would get confused going from 9 the to 10, might try playing the 10 first or just get stuck)...
    Then you need to make the commands in a desc.text file, tells the bootanimation how to play and if more than one part, which part to play first.
    The first numbers in the example below is the size (640 420)..the next is frames per second (50)..then you say the part(p0 if more than one part, then p1 for that part folder), the next number after thew p0 is how many times you want to play it, the last part should have 0 there so it loops infinitely...I'm not sure what the next number is for (I forget), and the last part is the folder name..

640 420 50
    p0 1 0 part0
    p1 0 0 part1

If just one part then like below...

640 420 50
    p1 0 0 part1

There are guides out there if you want more info........ not that hard to do really, just a lot of tedious image editing is the hardest....

4. JasonAsWell

JasonAsWell Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks dude. Is there a preferred size for the .png files or is that dictated by the commands in the file?

5. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    480 845 is the standard AFAIK....but youcan have them a little smaller, I have .... and yeah the width is first, so the smaller # first....

6. yourname93

yourname93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    here u go sir! bwahahahahahaha

Attached Files:

7. nyghtryder_9

nyghtryder_9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so what exactly would i need to get you to make a custoom boot? A short video clip or something? I'm not fully understanding the process < been up for 74 hrs straight>.

8. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    Whoa dude...that GIF is super tiny, and resizing it bigger may deteriorate the images...

GIFs, although it can also be done with flv files as well but much more involved than extracting images from GIFs since they tend to be a lot less frames than FLV files...

9. nyghtryder_9

nyghtryder_9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the dumb question but what is a GFi for example? Kind a newbie tryin to learn all the tricks of the trade

10. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definately need a larger GIF than that. The larger the better. Remember, with graphics it is easy to shrink, compress etc...but enlarging causes a lot of deteriation of the quality.

If you find a video or animated GIF (much more preferred) just post a link to it or attach it in this thread. When I have time between 12 credit hours and working full time, I can work on making the boot image for you. Mbk, would probably beat me to it though. Lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A GIF is a file format for images, like jpg or png, or bmp, etc... you can do a google search for GIFs. Animated ones actually have a slide show, per say. Again, try a google search for "aminated gif" to see examples, or refer to the ones above.

12. nyghtryder_9

nyghtryder_9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cool ill look for some tomorrow after i wake from hibernation! then ill get them to you

13. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    Not me.... this is your baby Shibbey....

I just like to tinker for my own Droid. I have that DragonDroid bootanimation running on my UltimateDroid ROM now, along with my own personal custom theme that I only made for myself and port from ROM to ROM.

I just liked your idea of using GIFs for the images.... had been getting many of my images from existing bootanimations up til now, with a few self created images here and there.... but now after your idea, I've been getting those GIF images and also now editing them further using GIMP... kinda fun and for self-amusement mostly...lol:p:D

14. nyghtryder_9

nyghtryder_9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

dont know if these would work

15. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mbk, I hear ya bud. I mainly do this to tinker with my own too. Just recently delved into rooting and modding a few months ago. Never saw the point before. I was missing out! I started this thread simply because it is actually a very simple process and does not take too long. Figured I could help a few people out that have been wanting their own too.....but time limited. Lol

I am glad my creative thinking has boosted your creative spirit as well.

Search tags for this page
android animated gif
android boot animation gif
android gif
android.gif
blue gifs
boot animation gif

boot animations

bootanimation

gif boot animation
gif to boot animation