Boot Animations and Sounds

jakeklomps

Reaction score
Alright.. I've been messing with this for days now. Reading threads upon threads and trial and error with my phone. But no luck. I won't go as far as calling myself a n00b, because I figure just about everything out. But this, I'm stuck.

My main quest started out as getting the TBolt's boot animation and sound. Well I eventually found it, then I moved it in to my system\media folder, and it worked. But it was a really choppy image with no sound. I looked through the original .zip and it had the desc.txt file, and an mp3. I started by unzipping, editing the desc file, asuming certain values were resolution, and frame rate. I read further and found out I was correct. BUT. Even when I change the frame rate +1 from the original 12, and zip it back up to try to use it... Nothing. Black screen. I just cant figure out what the difference is between the original and what I do. Even if I zip it, and zip it back up without changing anything, it doesn't work either.

Does anyone have some more knowledge to add? Or perhaps any time to experiment? I can provide the files I'm trying to use if needed. But I would assume that a lot of people would appreciate a good solid process as far as changing and editing boot animations. Possible HOW TO thread Tapout?

Any input is appreciated.. if I can get a couple missing pieces to this puzzle then maybe I can start working on a good Guide thread.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll see what I can do/find....

EDIT: Tutorial -- http://www.techcredo.com/android/how-to-create-and-apply-your-own-custom-android-boot-animation

Supposedly, there is a 3MB limit per folder
the 60fps doesn't work as a framerate on the Fascinate, 24fps/30fps and under do
the aspect ratio for the Fascinate is 800x480...when you resize your pictures make sure to maintain 480
after you resize your images to the correct resolution go ahead and compress them as well...this helps them load faster...then zip in store mode(try with and without compression)
Use winrar or 7zip(I prefer 7zip for anything I do)

OP
jakeklomps

jakeklomps

Reaction score
I was just messing around with changing compression ratios and such with 7z and found out what must be the issue. When I use the zipping function in Root Explorer, it compresses the file like it should.. But I tried using 7z with no compression, and BOOM. Tbolt boot with edited FPS. So basically I'm guessing it just needs to be the .zip file type or something to that effect. But now I'm working on the loop at the end, it plays through on 24fps, then plays again within like a second. As if it were at like 80+ Fps. Just will take some time playing with it more. Once its perfected as a boot animation w/o issues I'll post it as a thread.

Sound is the next step. Not sure what I'm missing, but when I figure it out I'll update.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was just messing around with changing compression ratios and such with 7z and found out what must be the issue. When I use the zipping function in Root Explorer, it compresses the file like it should.. But I tried using 7z with no compression, and BOOM. Tbolt boot with edited FPS. So basically I'm guessing it just needs to be the .zip file type or something to that effect. But now I'm working on the loop at the end, it plays through on 24fps, then plays again within like a second. As if it were at like 80+ Fps. Just will take some time playing with it more. Once its perfected as a boot animation w/o issues I'll post it as a thread.

Sound is the next step. Not sure what I'm missing, but when I figure it out I'll update.
Nice...ill be on the lookout for your update

OP
jakeklomps

jakeklomps

Reaction score
New thread posted with better explanation and a solid download.

Sent from my Overly Fascinating Samsung Fascinate @ 1.3ghz on SC 2.9.2 EC10 custom w/ Voodoo