Boot Animation Thread

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by es0tericcha0s, Feb 9, 2011.

1. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

So, I like to make boot animations. I used to make them often before I got into theming roms and apps. Here's a few that I have for the D1 so far though:

If not already named specifically bootanimation.zip, they WILL need to be renamed and replace your original bootanimation.zip. There are tons of tutorials on how to do this, but if you need help, please feel free to ask. If you're interested in these being inside of an update zip to flash via Recovery, I can do that too.

Assassin's Creed:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/bootanimationAC.zip

This looks something like this:
    [​IMG]
    But, better quality, little faster, etc. Just giving you a rough idea.

Batman:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/bootanimationbatman.zip

This is the general idea of the animation:
    [​IMG]
    However, it has been improved since that one, just didn't care to update it.
    It ends with this wallpaper:
    [​IMG]
    es0tericcha0s
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/defaultB_wallpaper.jpg

Sourcery:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/bootanimationSR.zip

This is a clip from a cutscene in Epic Mickey for the Wii. It was made with the Sourcery rom in mind for the theme, but it's still pretty cool.

[​IMG]

Cool Loading Screen:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/bootanimationLoading.zip

This is a loading screen that I found on Youtube (thanks to Nitrammn) and was requested to be turned into a boot animation by an XDA member.

It looks a little something like this (if you don't want to check out Youtube):
    [​IMG]

Droid X Never Miss:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/bootanimationEye.zip

[​IMG]

This one is in landscape and is a little larger, so doesn't play quite as fast. Certainly not the speed of the gif...LoL If this needs to be optimized a little more for your phone, let me know.

Halo Reach:

From a trailer or cutscene from the popular Halo game. Not really sure which one I got it from, so I'm not including a GIF for this one. It's pretty sweet though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/bootanimationHal0.zip
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  2. sid_wisc

sid_wisc New Member

Wow, you are doing some work!!! Good work so far, however I am sticking to the one you gave me for Sourcery!!!!

Keep it coming and may be I will like some other better.... LOL:icon_ banana:
  3. Kruby

Kruby New Member

Love the Halo bootanimation keep up the awesome work.

Sent from my Ginger Tazz using DroidForums App
  4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt New Member

Awesome Awesome work - good job!
  5. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

you know what i want dude :D
  6. es0tericcha0s

Appreciate it John!

CorinaCakes - I know what you want, but you gotta find me the video... ;)
  7. thedroidmonkey

thedroidmonkey New Member

these bootloaders are killer.... how do you go about installing one?
  8. es0tericcha0s

Thanks man! There are a few different ways. Easiest is using Root Explorer, if you have it. Just download the zip you want and put it on your SD card, find out where your original boot animation is at and move it to the SD card (or delete it, if you don't want it anymore), then copy and paste the new one into either /data/local folder or /system/media (they both work), and rename it bootanimation.zip. If you don't have Root Explorer then you can download the one you want and put it in here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/PlaceYourAnimationHere.zip

You'll need an archive manager such as 7zip (Windows) or if you are on Linux, the built in Archive Manager will work. Just open the PlaceYourAnimationHere.zip as an archive and drop the bootanimation.zip right in the /system/media folder. If your rom runs the original animation from the /data/local folder, you will need to delete / move that first before rebooting to test the animation. I believe eStrongs File Manager in the Market has access to this folder and is free in the Market. Let me know if you get stuck!
  9. thedroidmonkey

i DL'd the batman ani zip to my dropbox and then to my phone. i then cut the batman.zip and tried to place it in the system/media folder and it wouldnt let me. do i need to delete the original boot first? i use es file manager to move files.

Sorry, meant to make a new message but hit edit on yours instead. LoL Not use to moderator powers I guess. - es0tericcha0s
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
  10. es0tericcha0s

droidmonkey - Check your PM box.
  11. thedroidmonkey

nothing there es0
  12. es0tericcha0s

Sorry, check again. :)
  13. vdefender

vdefender New Member

You seem like the guy to ask!

I've spent the better half of today trying to convert a movie clip into still images so I could throw together a boot animation for my Thunderbolt. But just don't have the experience required to figure out adobe software (mind boggled). I attempted to use after effects and premier pro but just couldn't figure them out. I know there is a way to export a movie as images. How are you doing it!?
  14. es0tericcha0s

Very carefully. ;) Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble though! It's really a lot easier than you would expect. I even use a free program or 2 to do most of the work. If it's an actual movie, or pretty much anything over a few minutes, then you'll probably want to save yourself some trouble by using a video cutter to cut it into more manageable segments. I'm sure there are better ones, but this one does the job for me (though I usually just try to find YouTube vids that aren't too long anyway) Free Video Cutter . Just throw the video in there and wander off to do something else because it might take awhile depending on the original length of the vid. After you have a more friendly length, then you can use another free program called iWiSoft Free Video Converter. Free Video Converter - convert video files between any format, convert video to mp3, convert video to animated gif. Then you can set the output files to whatever format you want. I would suggest jpgs over pngs as the quality difference it neglible (I've shown people both versions of certain animations and they couldn't tell the difference) and the space savings is significant. Although, I suppose you might not have to worry about that near as much with the Thunderbolt as some other phones. You sound like you know what to do after this stage, but if you get stuck, lemme know and I'll point you in the right direction. Good luck! :)
  15. vdefender

vdefender New Member

Cool! Thanks for the great help!

I'm a little stubborn though and I wan't to be able to do this with my mac and not reboot into windows. But I'll probably give up here in a bit and use windows.

Another question: I want the movie to be rotated 90 degrees so that it plays full screen on my phone. Short of opening every single jpg and clicking the rotate button, how can I make this happen?
  16. vdefender

vdefender New Member

One more :) Have you reached a maximum number of jpg's that the phone will read? If i have a 35 second clip at 20 frames per second. That is 700 images. Is that acceptable for the phone? Can I do twice that? Can I make the clip long enough that it never ends before the phone actually loads into the OS?
  17. es0tericcha0s

You'd need to find a batch converter to rotate the pictures 90 degrees. I usually use AVS Image Converter to do that for me, though it is a paid Windows program. I know there are some free alternatives out there, but I like AVS as it's fast and powerful. I'm not familiar with Macs at all, so will not be much help in that regard. As far as how many pictures, that just depends on the phone. Being the Thunderbolt, you'll have a good enough processor to run something at a fair clip. I really don't think you'll get 700+ pics to load in there fast enough though. You would definitely want to up the framerate for that to at least 50? A lot of it as this stage is trial and error though. Have fun! :)

PS. If you need help rotating the pics, send me a zip or a Dropbox link to the zip or whatever and when I get home tonight, I can fix those for you. It'll take like 10 minutes or something at most.
  18. vdefender

vdefender New Member

Cool! You've been a ton of help! I have my video images working, and rotated!

Now I'm just having a heck of a time getting it to actually boot. Seems like the problem could be anywhere. It could be that the zip'er I'm using is not creating an uncompressed zip file. it could be that I just have too many images. It could be that I wrote my desc.txt with the wrong txt encoding! ahhh!!

Trial and error I suppose.
  19. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Miss my Assassin's Creed BA!!

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning
  20. es0tericcha0s

If you are using Windows to zip, then I suggest using 7zip. Set the compression to store, and you should be good to go. As far as the desc.txt... Not sure about that. Download one of my animations and compare it to the stock Thunderbolt one and see if you can modify mine to work.

Droid Does - You should be able to use this on your phone, right? Or, take it and modify the desc.txt to match the stock one and see if that works...
Search tags for this page

ac 4 bootanimation win7

asasin bootanimation droid

assassin's creed boot animation

assassin's creed boot animation windows 7

assassins creed boot animation

assassins creed boot animation droid razr

assassins creed bootanimation
batman win 7 boot animation
bootanimation.zip batman

bootanimation.zip rock

galaxy s4 batman boot animation