[BOOT ANIMATION] TEAM CHAOS FroYo Style

Discussion in 'Team Chaos' started by carlz28, Jun 13, 2010.

1. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have literally never heard of anyone stating what you have said about the boot animation causing any scrolling problems. I don't doubt it's happening to you, but theoretically, the boot animation loading process should have no impact on the performance of your phone whatsoever once your homescreen is loaded. The phone temporarily reads the file during boot-up and plays a series of pictures in a designated sequence. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only suggestions I could offer would be to try a few things and see if they make a difference in performance.
    Try the alternate location for the bootanimation.zip file.
    If you currently have it in /system/media/, try moving it to /data/local/
    Or vice versa.
    Again, the location of the file shouldn't matter, but I do remember during the course of making/testing many BA's, sometimes the animation would play differently depending on where it was stored. It could have totally been just a one time glitch or maybe something else was going on during the boot-up that didn't happen in previous tests. So I can't pinpoint any issues with that.

Something else to check, try clearing your caches on your phone. You can do it manually or use an app from the market called CacheMate for Root Users. I use it quite often and have it set to auto-clear caches every 6 hours. It may be a placebo effect, but things sure do speed up a bit after the caches are cleared.

One last thing to check, and it may or may not have any relavence, is to look at how much storage memory you have left in /system/
    Depending on what apps you have installed, if you moved any apps from /data/app/ to /system/app/ for whatever reason. Once again, I'm not sure if that would matter, but could be something to check out.
    Running low on available space means your utilizing more memory for everything else. More "stuff" to process means more CPU activity and possibly a slow down in other processes.

Other than the above stated things to check out, I honestly have no clue what could causing the issue for you. It may very well be what you said about no 2 Droids are the same and your phone just doesn't like your current set-up with this boot animation.

If you or anyone else finds a "fix" for this, I'd be interested in knowing what it involves so I can keep that in mind for any future BA's I design.

2. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    well the boot animation doesnt effect any functionality of the phone. so i can say with confidence that the actual BA isnt the cause for your lag but just seems like it. hopefully you figure it out

3. mentaloaf

mentaloaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice, can this be installed with any 2.2 rom?

4. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    it can be installed on any rom period. but kinda makes sense for chaos roms

5. Beno

Beno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response Carl. I agree, that it makes no sense a boot animation would cause this sort of problem, so as expected it wasn't the problem. Got the redrum style ani working great, no issues. The only thing that's different now is I have Rom Manager 1.8.1.4 instead of 2.x.x.x. Apparently the later Rom Managers are broken, and can cause all sorts of weirdness (just for the record, I wasn't trying to use it to install animations). I also installed the cachemate, so using that now too. All's well! Thanks again! Great animations!

#29 Beno, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  6. ACC131

ACC131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    link no longer works!

7. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    They will be up and running by tomorrow afternoon (Thursday)
    I was/am in the process of switching hosts for my server because of some stupid crap they billed me for. Blah. Long story.
    Check back in a day or two and they will be good to go again :)

8. alscritter

alscritter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is amazing carlz, just extreme talent. Keep up the great work!dancedroid

9. Treiyou

Treiyou New Member

Ratings:
    +0

So im having issues with this,, i have typed in exactly as i see it and i push enter and i get the message back saying
    cp: cannot stat '/sdcard/bootanimation.zip.': Permission denied
    i have tried multiple times on 2 different emulators, and still not getting it,, if i can get some help on this .. thanks

*Edit* So i figured it out after some hours. that i need busybox installed and adb shell setup,, each which i hadnt had done, and had no clue about.... but thank.

The animation seem choppy in the beginning of it then speeds up at the end.. anyone else having these issues?

Good work on boot ani.

#33 Treiyou, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
Search tags for this page

bootanimation zip

bootanmation froyo

chaos boot animation

chaos boot animation android

chaos bootanimation

chaos rom boot animation

froyo bootanimation zip
make custom boot animations chaos