1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

boot animation problem. help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by omgsy, Sep 14, 2010.

1. omgsy

omgsy New Member

i have .png files all ready to go in part0 folder and part1 folder, but i can't get it to work with bootanimation.zip. i read all the instructions on how to put it in data/local from root explorer but the one that I MADE doesn't work......

i was thinking maybe it's the size? or the desc.txt problem? can anyone check my stuff?

and yes. i used 7.zip..... can someone make me using the pics inside my zip?T_T it can be different sizes btw:)
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

You don't have to use 7zip on a zip file, only on an .apk, have you tried putting your bootanimation.zip in system/media using Root Explorer ?
  3. omgsy

omgsy New Member

i dont have system/media.. but i do have system folder and stuff inside.

should i make media folder inside the system folder?

i tried with other premade bootanimations and those work...on data/local, but not mine. i dont know why.
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

No, if it works with others then your problem is in your animation somewhere, and not the location
  5. omgsy

omgsy New Member

that's what i thought too, can u try to fix it for me? maybe it's the size or desc.txt? i dont know what to fix...
  6. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I have never made a boot anime before, there are to many good ones out to have to worry about it, I do however think it would be a good idea for someone to write a guide on how to do this for those who are interested
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  7. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

I am also having a problem attempting to create my own boot animation.

You can see this thread:

Trouble understanding the "coding" in bootanimation.zip

In my last attempt, I took a working boot animation file and unzipped it onto my computer and then generated a new zip file. I didn't change any of the files, just generated a new zip, and it wouldn't work.

I've tried putting the bootanimation.zip files in /data/local and in /system/media. It doesn't seem to matter.

The problem seems to be with the zip file format and I am at a total loss as to what I am doing wrong.

I would love to hear from someone who has generated one that works as to how they did it.
  8. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

Hey! Just learned the solution. :icon_ banana:

The trick is creating a zip archive that does not perform any compression.

Also, make sure that the desc.txt in in the root of the archive and that the directories for your "parts" are included as well.

I have attached the boot animation file that I just created and it works now. Actually, my son created this for me.
  9. fish1552

fish1552 XOOM RS Team Lead Premium Member

For the record, the best location for the bootanimation on the Droid is the "/data/local/" folder. Talking with MotoCache1, he told me that the system looks there first for a file, and if it doesn't find one, it goes to the "/system/media" folder. The problem with placing it in the "/system/media" folder is that you need to backup and save the original file. By placing it in the /data/local folder, all you need ot do to go back to "stock" animation is delete the modified one from that folder causing it to look in the /system/media folder for the stock one.
  10. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

fish, I figured that out when I went to my system/media folder yesterday and I had no bootanimation.zip (that used to be the hotspot for bootanime's) after digging deeper I found out it is stored in data/local
  11. omgsy

omgsy New Member

I fixed it. It was the size proble. I mde it all 256x256 i think it hs to be ll bigger than tht size
Search tags for this page

problem stop work in bootanimation