Boot animation issues

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by leftspin, Aug 24, 2011.

1. leftspin

leftspin Active Member

When I turn my phone on, it opens into the default Liquid boot animation (the unnecessarily long one where the drop of water goes through that tunnel or whatever), but it stops the animation before it's actually over and sometimes cuts out the beginning too. It will show the water droplet and then instead of having it fly backwards and then come back up the tunnel, it will stick on the picture of the water drop and then all of a sudden the screen will dim slightly and the water drop will be coming up the pipe and then before it can finish that it brings me to the lockscreen. If I unlock right away, it loads everything up very slowly (like an old computer, where it brings you to the desktop but nothing will work until you let it sit for a few minutes so it can load everything) and if I let it sit it will wait until I unlock it to load. The aesthetic inconvenience of the boot animation doesn't bother me so much as the slow loading. I have tried installing the different boot animations in the "goodies" section of the Liquid Settings but they all do basically the same thing. I am on Liquid Gingerbread v2.6 but I experienced the same issues on 2.3, and usually it will work properly for a day or two after a reflash before I start to see this problem.

what can I do to permanently fix this?
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Do you need to have the boot animation? I mean you personally do you want to have it?

If not go into Liquid Settings > System > Enable and Disable and then once in there select disable boot animation. Once you do this you will only have the "Android" slight animation there and boot up time will be decreased. It will still take a little bit for everything to get loaded and running in the ROM but at least you dont have to wait for the bootanimation to finish.
  3. leftspin

leftspin Active Member

actually, disabling the boot animation altogether is even better than just making it run so I can sit through the whole thing

thanks for the help, that cut my phone's booting time in half! :) your signature is hilarious by the way
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

No problem. I always disable boot animations when I can. It really helps on boot up time IMO.

And glad you like my sig, I have a very sarcastic humor and thats part of a convo I had with a buddy of mine about a year and a half ago. Obviously I ended up listening to him eventually :)
Search tags for this page
android boot animation problem
android boot animation proplem

android boot animation slow

android bootanimation half

android bootanimation slow.fix
android custom boot animation cut off
android custom boot animation cut off beginning

bootanimation slow

bootanimation slow on android
liquidsmooth disable startup animation

may android stop at boot annimation