Boot Animation HELP!

manningfan10

Reaction score
I want to get the DROID X boot animation on my stock DROID 2.1 but i am not sure if this is the right way and dont want to brick my droid. I waas trying to do it through ddb

sdkddm.png

bootanimation.png

Eschy

Reaction score
you have it in the right folder, push it back to your phone and boot it up just make a back up before hand. I dont think that is going to brick your phone though. Why dont you just root though it is a lot easier you can do all that on the phone itself.

OP
manningfan10

manningfan10

Reaction score
I tried it and this doesn't work. I get the original image. Do I need to delete the file, the push the new one? I just selected the original and then pushed the new one.

Eschy

Reaction score
it should overwrite the old one. There is another folder that the phone looks for bootanimations but i cant remember what it was (i know that doesnt help sorry). The original zip file was in your media folder right

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry OP this is above my knowledge base. I'll see if I can get one on the other RS members to weigh in on this.

Mike

OP
manningfan10

manningfan10

Reaction score
thanks mike! i found a boot animation file under bin under sytem also. should i overwrite that one too?

bootanimationbin.png

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should consider rooting.

I believe if you put bootanimation.zip under /data/local android will by default use it. I'm sure there's some threads around about it if you do some searching.

OP
manningfan10

manningfan10

Reaction score
I dont want to void my warranty and I am on my dads account which he hasa all of his corporate lines on for his company so i cant risk getting found out and having it be canceled

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Well unfortunately the only way to change your bootanimation is to root. Now I can tell you that yes rooting voids the 1 year warranty with Verizon but does nothing to the paid insurance you may have on your phone. Also in almost every case I have seen (with the exception of about 1-2) when a phone needs to be returned to Verizon you are able to unroot and Verizon has no idea that you did in the first place and thus the warranty is back in place. Now I am not saying that you should root, I am just letting you know that there are options to rooting that will not cause you much trouble. But pretty much any changes to the system (including bootanimations) can only be done if you are rooted.

Sorry.