1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

boot animation help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jason R, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Jason R

Jason R New Member

I hope this is not to sore of a subject but has anyone got the Droid peeing on the apple to work on the UD V10. Did blackdroid get out the update to fix the problem with loading new boot animations , if so where can I find it?
  2. Pokebreaker

Pokebreaker New Member

I haven't had any problems loading bootanimations. Are you trying to do update.zip or a push?
  3. hiphopvenom

hiphopvenom New Member

use rootexplorer to change bootanimations..easiest way imo
  4. Pokebreaker

Pokebreaker New Member

Well depending on the format he has, he may or may not be able to.

He may have an update.zip format, which would require him to go inside of it and pull the actual bootanimation.zip out and then adb push or use root explorer.
  5. hiphopvenom

hiphopvenom New Member

still easier than using adb..

rootexplorer is a must have app..:icon_ banana:
  6. Pokebreaker

Pokebreaker New Member

I'm not doubting that, root explorer is definetly the easiest way. However, it is a paid app that some don't want to invest in. Plus, in this situation the OP has to be able to identify which type of bootanimation.zip he has, so we can advise on how to go about installing it.
  7. Jason R

Jason R New Member

I haven't tried at all, it says in 'bugs' section of the ud10 download page that boot animation. Zip needs to be redone or something. If you've got it to work could you tell me how you did it or post a link to the proper instructions. Thanks,and fyi I'm a n00b lol
  8. Pokebreaker

Pokebreaker New Member

It's no problem, I am still a noob also. A few questions for you though:

Do you have an app called Root Explorer? If not, are you willing to get it? it's a paid app on the Android Market, that automates many of the CMD like commands that you would normally have to input.

Can you provide a link to the exact place you downloaded the bootnaimation from? So I can determine which type you have.
  9. Jason R

Jason R New Member

I have droidroothelper, pulldown editor, and terminal emulator. If none of those will work I am willing to buy root explorer. I haven't dl it yet but I found it in this forum. Hold on and I will get the link to it
  10. Jason R

Jason R New Member

11. Pokebreaker

Pokebreaker New Member

Ok, that one is not update.zip formatted, so you have to do it manually. What you'll do is take the bootanimation.zip and place it directly on your SD Card, not in any folders, but as a standalone file on your SD Card. Then, make sure you phone isn't mounted and do the following.

Open Terminal Emulator and type the items below. After each set, press the enter or return key which is located directly below the Delete key on your Qwerty keyboard, if you are using a Droid. Also make sure that you put a space after "cp" and ".zip".

su

cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/

reboot
  12. Blownprix

Blownprix New Member

I get to this point and then it says cp not found...