boot animation help

xnicklopezx

Reaction score
Okay, so I've done lots of reading and tried lots of different things but cant seem to customize my bootanimation. I was trying to get the android piss on apple one, so I downloaded the zip file, put it on my sd card, then moved it to system/media and renamed it bootanimation.zip. This did not work, from everything I read it says this is what to do. I also tried to put it in data/local and it didnt work. I am running the newest version of eclipse rom does this make a difference? Now my phone is not playing any boot animation since i wrote over the eclipse one. any help is appreciated! THANKS!

Reaction score
The only assumption I can make is that the one you want to use is not written/ designed for your phone. I have made my own boot animations for my old droid x as well as my wife's droid and they could not be interchanged.

Basically, I created a bout animation of my son saying hello when the phone boots up and she loved it and wanted it on her phone. I had to go in and adjust certain aspects of it before it would work.

If it its one that you know works, you placed it in the right spot. System/media... but did you also change the permissions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
X

xnicklopezx

Reaction score
I just tried changing the permissions to rw r r, still nothing, the way ive read about boot animations people make it seem like they dont have to be specific to your device i guess this isnt true? where can i get set droid x2 animations? like i said im running eclipse this have anything to do with it? maybe I deleted a file I needed? thanks for the replies!

Reaction score
Running eclipse should not matter. If you boot up to a black screen, that means you successfully replaced the boot animation but the one you placed is not compatible.

Contrary to what some may say.... yes, they can be device specific. Like I said I made one for my droid x and when my wife wanted it on her phone she got the black screen so I had to go inside and fix it to work on her phone.

I don't remember where I found it but I did a Google search on how to create my own boot animation and read up on it and played around until I figured it out. It is too much to explain on here but if you read up on how to make them, you should be able to open one that is already made and just make the necessary adjustments.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
X

xnicklopezx

Reaction score
hmmm i am still baffled. I decided to make my own boot animation even though it just takes a lot of time. i copied the txt file that was working with the default eclipse boot animation and did everything just like in their file (as well as many other different ways) set the permissions, tried using jpg and png files. i just cannot figure this one out

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you make the zip file... Make sure you don't use any compression...

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

OP
X

xnicklopezx

Reaction score
figured it out, i wasnt saving the zip file as store only, i was doing normal compression, also with other downloads they didnt have txt files in there with the boot animations so i think that was the problem there....man such little things and they completely throw me off haha, THANKS GUYS!!

edit: thanks nemo, that was the problem :)

Last edited:

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good to hear ya got everything worked out....haha... Sometimes it's just the little things...haha

OP
X

xnicklopezx

Reaction score
how can u make it to a video so i can share it with other grateful dead fans? lol its awesome its a dead skull and the dancing bear goes around it, now that i know it works im gonna make it a lot better too!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As far as making it a video... I'm not too sure on that one