1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

boot animation help

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by K2thei, Feb 9, 2011.

1. K2thei

K2thei New Member

Im trying to install a custom boot animation. The directions on droid pirate seem simple but are confusing for me. Can anyone help me on uploading a new animation and where the stock one is located cause it says to delete and paste the new one which I can't find. Also do I have to boot in recovery to install it? Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks!
  2. sid_wisc

sid_wisc New Member

If you have Root explorer then go to system/media and you will find the bootanimation there delete it or rename the bootanimation and move to sd card (you will have to mount R/W; a tab on top right) to do any change using root explorer. The boot could also be located in data/local if it is, do the same thing and then move your bootanimation to system media similarly. make sure it is renamed as bootanimation and then restart the phone and wallah you are done..... Let me know if you have problem I will try to help...
  3. NUNsLAUGHTER92

NUNsLAUGHTER92 New Member

And you can change your power off image too. I changed mine from my stupid cricket image to a cyanogen mod picture. It's in the same folder.

Sent from my M860 using DroidForums App