1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Boot Animation Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 7chris crash, Dec 19, 2010.

1. 7chris crash

7chris crash New Member

Can someone please explain what I have done wrong to make this boot animation? Other boot animations work, just not this mine.
  2. hradek422

hradek422 New Member

I have two things to say about it. One, make sure it is just named bootanimation.zip. And two, be sure that when you zip the file, you set the compression method to store. If it compresses the files, it won't work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. 7chris crash

7chris crash New Member

I have done both those things, and I have tried to run it in BootAnimationPreview.1.5, but to avail.
  4. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Your filenames don't match up properly. I don't know that it matters you didn't start with number 1, but your part0 files end with 'boot_00048.png' and part1 files start with 'boot_00043.png'. At the very least, make certain part1 starts with 'boot_00049.png' and all should be good.

Personally, I'm too anal and would rename them all to start with 1. Also, your '.DS_Store' is showing. I don't know that it really hurts, but it bothers me. :D

Your desc.txt looks great so that seems to be it. Good luck!

EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot, you want your part folders and desc.txt in the root of your bootanimation.zip. The way I do it is archive those files with store compression level, then archive my bootanimation.zip with normal compression, naming it whatever you want. That makes it so ppl don't have to rename your bootanimation.zip and you get some compression before posting it.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
Search tags for this page

what is the maximum number of png's in a android boot animat