[boot animation] Daft Punk

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by djakrse, Apr 8, 2011.

1. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

This is a boot animation of Daft Punk's Around the World video. There's not a lot of music video animations, so I think this is a good start for my first. I made it 12fps to ensure the video plays in sync with the audio. I had to re-encode the source from 25fps to 24fps so that halfing the frames would remain accurate. The source is high quality though, so the results still look great. This one's for the Daft Punk fans out there, you know who you are.

Source:

Here's a preview of the bootani section:
    Splicd 00:24 to 00:42 · Daft Punk - Around The World

Extract my archive and copy the contents to /system/media.
  2. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Here is the original audio included in the previous post, plus an additional file at -12 dB for those who'd prefer it to be a bit quieter. I've found that the original doesn't bother me, except for anytime I'm around family or out in public, which is most of the time. I think this version is loud enough to appreciate, but you don't have to sit on your phone to keep from annoying people.

Google needs to add a setting for boot animations in volume controls (separate from media, IMO), and (or at least) add a volume spec to the desc.txt so the animation creator can customize the volume to their liking.

Extract and replace existing dftpnk.ogg in /system/media.
  3. simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch Member

will this work on D2?
  4. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Should work on most any phone, provided a froyo rom and using the /system/bin/bootanimation binary from the D2R2D2 to enable sounds. The binary won't run on Gingerbread roms, though the boot animation may work and play in sync on faster phones. With GB, the audio should be located in /system/media/notifications.
  5. simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch Member

awesome. i have a copy of the D2 R2D2 binary so ill give it wurl and let you know
  6. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

[boot animation] Daft Bodies

Here's an animation I've wanted to do ever since I made the first one in this thread. If you're a Daft Punk fan, you've probably already seen this, and if you are a guy and have the internet, you've probably seen it several times. :D This is easily one of the coolest tribute videos I've seen. The sound is from the same source. I tried using a better sounding mp3 source, but found that the video actually plays a bit slower by comparison.

NOTE: Recommended for faster phones for now. For some reason, this one does not want to sync for my D1. It usually appears to be about a 1/4-1/2 sec. off (in sync the first few seconds), though it plays the full audio and animation just before lockscreen. If I clear dalvik cache, which requires extended boot time, it plays in perfect sync every time. I'm hoping this will play perfectly for faster phones. I will tweak the animation and set up a 16-17s version as soon as I have a chance to see if I can get slightly better playback on my D1.

Source:

Preview:
    Splicd 01:46 to 02:05 · Daft Bodies - Harder Better Faster Stronger

Install:
    Extract my archive and copy the contents to /system/media.
  7. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

If anyone tries this one their DX/D2 or newer phone, let me know if it is out of sync. It plays in perfect sync for me only if I boot after clearing dalvik cache. That, along with my careful estimation of frames played through this sequence, is what I'm calling a syncing success. :)
Search tags for this page
android tron boot animation
boot animation daftpunk
boot animation xman
bootanimation daft punk

daft punk boot animation

daft punk bootanimation

daft punk girls boot animation
daft punk themes for android
qhd boot animation

qhd boot animations