1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Boosting Cell Reception

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jbdavies, Aug 13, 2010.

1. jbdavies

jbdavies New Member

Hi. So... I was thinking the other night (which is scary in its self) that it would be nice to be able to boost my cell reception, for when I'm on the road and stuff. Does anyone here know if there's a way to do that while being rooted?

Yes... I know you're technically only allowed to go so high/big/whatever with your reception thingy... according to the FCC (I think)... but, well I don't really care. ;) Haha.

So... thoughts?
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Never heard of doing anything from the phone side to boost anything. Even if it were possible to boost the outgoing signal with some kind of hardware power hack, more watts ain't liklet to help the incoming signal.

I have been boosting with hardware at home and in my jeep. Both are Wilson repeaters, one mobile the other a desk top/outside antenna model. Not terribly cheap, but very effective. I have seen some mention here about some kind of verizon booster that they sell, but I have not looked into that. I have also seen where folks who have been able to demonstrate poor at home reception have been able to get this verizon product at a reduced price.

Craig
  3. kyle94481

kyle94481 New Member

I suppose that anything that would be able to redirect a signal basically would work. Perhaps hanging a wok in you're car?
  4. jbdavies

jbdavies New Member

I've been looking at Wilson's products for quite some time now... but can't justify the cost right now. Haha. Was hoping for a free way. :D lol
  5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Yes, they are definately on the expensive side, but I am hoping that they will last through at least a couple of phones. One of the nice thing about the home amp is that they work for my phone, my wife's and the folks who come visit us. And the one in my Jeep also helps me and my friends stay in touch with the home front when we are semi-remote on hunting and fishing trips. When I add up all of the dollars I spend recreating, the amp ends up looking pretty cheap.

Craig
Search tags for this page
android reception hack

app for better reception

apps that can increase reception for android
apps to improve cell recption
are there any aps to increase the reception on my android
free android apps to improve cell phone reception
hacks for better cell phone reception
how do i hack to get better cell signal
how to boost an android verizon phone signal
how to improve reception on android phone