"BoonieRider" joins the Droid Group

Rod Payne

Reaction score
Well, the phone was suggested to me by a friend who told me that it was superior to many others being offered. We are longstanding customers of Verizon, travel extensively in our motorhomes, and we get into a lot of rather rural locations. So the phone had to be in the Verizon network. The phone is rather daunting and it will be some time before I feel that I'm a "good user". :motdroidvert:

Looking forward to some help from those that have gone on before me!

"BoonieRider" Previous phones: XV 6700, XV6800 & now the Droid.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Read the FAQ section, use the search feature. Ask if you have questions. Poke around with it to become used to it. Have fun and let us know about your travels.

Taina51

Reaction score
Well, the phone was suggested to me by a friend who told me that it was superior to many others being offered. We are longstanding customers of Verizon, travel extensively in our motorhomes, and we get into a lot of rather rural locations. So the phone had to be in the Verizon network. The phone is rather daunting and it will be some time before I feel that I'm a "good user". :motdroidvert:

Looking forward to some help from those that have gone on before me!

"BoonieRider" Previous phones: XV 6700, XV6800 & now the Droid.

It sounds like you've done the most important thing after buying your Droid, to be part of this forum! I found that people are very nice and just about any questions I had I was able to find the answer. Welcome.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rod Payne - you made a great choice with the Droid. My parent's used to be full-time RVers. They had both AT&T and Sprint and for the past 4 years on Verizon Wireless - they've been most happy with VZW compared to the others and have had signal in places they never had it before. I know this past summer in Washington State - dad said to me - well I probably won't be able to talk to you for a few weeks because we're going to be in Washington State along the ocean. Guess what - they had full signal! The Droid will allow you to surf the internet rather easily on your Droid screen now. Good luck with it and enjoy the RV experience.