Body Glove saves Droid in big-rig crash!

OP
MrTommy

MrTommy

Reaction score
Now you've got ME thinking...

You should seriously submit this story/pics to body glove, they could market the hell out of your story lol

Actually, I did just that! I'm curious to see if I hear back from them. I told them if they need a testimonial, here is it.

Testimonial?? this should be a full blown commercial, enough force to flip over a big rig, the visible damage to the case(not to mention the rig lol) photographic evidence that the phone still works, that has to be an advertising executive's wet dream, you could have the greatest cell phone commercial EVER!! (move over Megan fox in a tub!) :icon_ banana::motdroidhoriz::heart:

Oh man, now you've got me thinking. Since I've already sent stuff to Body Glove, maybe I should send stuff to Motorola as well. Is this what they mean when they say "turn that lemon into lemonade"?

Thanks Ricocht77. I'll definitely let everyone know if I hear back from these folks. Now I'll have to spend time 'refining' my story and pictures. Maybe I should hire a publicist... :icon_ goofy:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
honestly, forget the Droid. Just glad you came out of it alive. Your Droid is replaceable but a human life isn't. Glad to hear that you are ok and your Droid came out ok too, a little scratched up though.

Careful out there guys and gals!

cuskit

Reaction score
Somehow I missed this thread - but a link brought me here. Yikes! What a story! This should have made headline news! I'd say you have an angel riding your shoulder - so happy to know you are okay and able to recount this awesome tale!

I agree - Motorola and BG could both benefit from this one - surprised we haven't see the commercials yet! Hell - even Steven Spielberg could use this one in one of his movies.. :)

We sure appreciate you taking the time and effort to relay this story to us, as well as the photos. Motorola and BG should also be thankful and send you brand new replacements! :)

Stay safe, keep an eye on those intersections. But I'm betting you don't need to be told this, for sure! :) mike

Merire

Reaction score
Phew, the droid ended in the roof... It could have ended in your head, and you would be dead now... man, killed by a body glove, what a bad ad for seido it would have been !

johnflo88

Reaction score
Phew, the droid ended in the roof... It could have ended in your head, and you would be dead now... man, killed by a body glove, what a bad ad for seido it would have been !
@Merire;ha,ha,ha. He won't be to post this then.I am glad that it didn't and he's ok.

JoeyLS319

Reaction score
Great story and I'm glad to hear you and your baby turned out ok. The one person was right, you should send your story into body glove, they may send you free merchandise. The body glove does make a nice gift for a person (with a droid).

I got a body glove for my droid shortly after I got the phone. I was hesitant when the wife said she ordered me a case for the phone. When I got the body glove and put it on, it really wasn't that bad. The only thing I don't like about it is the piece that fits on the sliding door for keyboard exposure. It tends to come off every now and again but all in all I really like the body glove.

I do have a question for body glove users out there.

Does anyone out there have the body glove on their phone and have the desktop charger? I want to get one but I don't know if it will fit in the charger with the body glove on it.

thanks and again, glad to hear your alright.

Joey

demon69120

Reaction score
I am truly glad your Droid (and you) survived the car crash. Haha, never would have guessed the Body Glove is even... Car Crash resistant?

A.Brooks

Reaction score
First and foremost thank the Lord that you're alright MrTommy, that is quite the story you have, and quite a blessing you received.

I am glad YOU are OK, I still prefer to rock my droid naked! I have dropped it twice on concrete, and yes, the screen is GLASS! But I am more for the every day comfort, vs catastrophe...that is why I pay 7 bucks a month! (insurance) So I don't have to wear a bulky, geeky case. Go bulk! for those that live in the other realm...

Just FYI, you're overpaying for insurance. State Farm offers insurance on phones that are valued over 500 bucks...0 deductible ~30 bucks for the year. I think it's 36 iirc.