Body Glove Holster (Warning!)

flyer05

Reaction score
Had the bodyglove and now the Seidio case. Seidio is the way to go. IMO and I think it looks way better.

Caniac Nation

Reaction score
I have the Body Glove and so far I love it. Yes, I just about fractured the phone in two trying to remove it as well so I'll be much more careful when I try to remove it in the future!

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I took mine off just the other day to do a battery pull. I went to put it back on and the clip that snaps the case onto the phone grabbed that black plastic that surrounds the keyboard and stops right above the usb port and popped it up. Luckily I was able to get it un hooked w/o damage. It kind of reminded me of those PDA case opening tools the way it popped it open and up like it did.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
Body Glove case removal

My VZW store put one on mine without issue but it is a SOB to try to take it off. It also turns the phone into a tank adding maybe 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch in width.

I solved this problem the McGiver way! Get one of those "very expensive" wood coffee stir sticks, taper the end with a pen knife (or emory board you steal from your GF). I use this to pry out the case a bit at the clip-on points, both coming off and going back on. No sweat! The wood stick will not damage the finish and is easy to use.

DroidStickSm.jpg

Last edited:

HeroNova

Reaction score
I returned my body glove case the other day. the fit was TOO tight and it worked real bad with the slider. I use the keyboard a lot so it was a no go for me. Oh well, back to naked

etagus

Reaction score
CONS:
*Got it as well... Upon snapping it on for the first time, as others have stated, one of the tabs got caught on the phone and pried it apart. I was able to reverse it without any damage.
Just have to be very cautious when you're popping it on and off...
*One of the tabs on the corner broke, so now it wiggles and creaks a little.
*The top screen cover clicks off when sliding the qwerty keyboard out. Gets annoying real fast! That part of the case feels cheap.
*LED flash reflects off of the case and causes glare in low light photos.
*It's a brick.

PROS:
*Tight fit, feels very protected.
*Texture/grip.
*Better than naked.

Seems to be more cons than pros... None the less, having it protected totally outweighs the cons.

Hiroller173

Reaction score
I liked the Body Glove until my Garmin broke and I needed to put the Droid in the car mount. No way.

Prying it off is an SOB, I'll leave it off until the Garmin gets fixed.

dantrona

Reaction score
I love my Body Glove. Having larger hands, it fits quite nicely, and I don't mind the extra weight nor the extra width. It feels nice, I feel like if I ever drop it (I dropped my last phone only 4 times in 6 years, each time softening the blow by letting it hit my foot before the ground) and then and that was naked, this I feel makes it feel near indestructable.

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Body Glove

Tell you what, I would have to warn people about the Body Glove.

I bought a Body Glove when I bought my Droid. I like the non slip handling and so picked it up right away. Then I put it on right away w/o RTFM. Hence it has the round plug on for the belt clip. Later I find that the Body Glove prohibits docking but decide to stay with it anyway and go with a 3rd party dock. OK fine.

But today I decide that I'm going to experiment with using the glove w/o the round plug for the belt clip. You know where I'm going. And sure enough, like others here have reported I find it a complete challenge to get off. And then, EVEN WORSE, when I go to put it back on (w/o the plug) it binds down into the side of the Droid and begins to split the Droid into two ! I did rescue it and will never ever take the Body Glove if unless I must have the battery replaced. What a hassle.

Never again. :mad:

Still love the Droid.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
Tell you what, I would have to warn people about the Body Glove.

I bought a Body Glove when I bought my Droid. I like the non slip handling and so picked it up right away. Then I put it on right away w/o RTFM. Hence it has the round plug on for the belt clip. Later I find that the Body Glove prohibits docking but decide to stay with it anyway and go with a 3rd party dock. OK fine.

But today I decide that I'm going to experiment with using the glove w/o the round plug for the belt clip. You know where I'm going. And sure enough, like others here have reported I find it a complete challenge to get off. And then, EVEN WORSE, when I go to put it back on (w/o the plug) it binds down into the side of the Droid and begins to split the Droid into two ! I did rescue it and will never ever take the Body Glove if unless I must have the battery replaced. What a hassle.

Never again. :mad:

Still love the Droid.

I take mine off all the time with no problems. You just need a little tool.
See my earlier comment here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ve-holster-warning-post102293.html#post102293
This solution works fine. It is very expensive though. You need to swipe a wood coffee stir stick. Ouch!

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Taking Body Glove off

I hear you. I was using a kitchen pan scrubber. Sort of like a spatula. Lesson learned.

Guess the good news is, now that the Glove is back on it holds the device together well. You can image where it was splitting open. Just south of the mini USB on the left side.

I had put the right hand side of the Droid in the Glove and was snapping the left side back in and down. That last clip of the Glove catches at the seam of the Droid. Grr.

It survived. That's all that counts.

irview

Reaction score
Here is a way to put on the Body Glove: [video=youtube;tbVzmcjUKrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbVzmcjUKrs[/video]