Body Glove Case

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by Butterscotch, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Butterscotch

Butterscotch New Member

Does anyone know how to get this thing off? I don't even know if it's one or two pieces and the damn thing is on there tight.

Thanks
  2. Jedijesus95

Jedijesus95 New Member

I had to use a small screwdriver to get mine off. If your very care full you wont scratch your Droid. I read somewhere that you can file down some of the clips and it will be a lot easier to get off. One day I will get around to trying it.
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Seriously.... If one can't figure out how to remove a case how do they figure out how to use the phone/OS??:icon_ devil:

But for those that need help::icon_ banana:
  4. rusray

rusray New Member

I'm not going to lie to you: The first time I tried to put this dang case on, it nearly snapped my droid in half near the micro USB port. I was very unhappy. The second time I tried, same result. The third time I wizened up and got it on the way you how in the video.

I HATE this case due to how tightly it fits. It really bothers me. I haven't taken it off yet because I'm terrified to. I haven't gotten to watch/listen the video yet because the girlfriend is trying to sleep a few feet away from me, but I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Thanks for posting it!
  5. TJM

TJM New Member

Thanks, KZIWarrior. I have the body glove as well, and really like it. If I need to take the case off one day, I will remember your video (thanks for making it) - you bring up a few good points to consider (believe it or not) when doing what seems so simple. :)
  6. Nick177th

Nick177th New Member

I guess I'm in the minority here. I love the case for the very reason that most hate it. I like that it fits so snug. I don't take mine off the same way the guy does in the video but, no problems putting it on and taking it off. It does take a little getting used to but, after you figure it out, no problems.
  7. Booch_21

Booch_21 New Member

I also love the case for its feel and protection. I have no intentions of taking it off on any regular basis. I don't think it was really meant for continual on and off anyway.
  8. toastedoats

toastedoats New Member

The snug, tight fit might be the best feature of the Body Glove case and sets it above most if not all of the competition. It might be bulky but I feel it does its job and does it well.

I dont find it at all difficult to take off, just takes a bit of technique.
  9. hinky

hinky New Member

Works well here. Someone says it causes a lot of camera flash reflection, I don't know. but the bottom line is that the phone is very well padded, safe, and the case won't come off. Very rare you should ever need to take off the case.
  10. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Thanks but I didn't make it. Just came across it when I first got the phone. I was debating on cases and heard some people gripe about the fit and found that so i saved it for reference (figured someone would need it :wink:). I ended up with the Seidio case though because I didn't like the screen facing 'out' when it was in the BG case.
  11. greyghost04

greyghost04 Member

I love this case. I would like to be naked, but it's just too slippery.
  12. stuhasdroid

stuhasdroid New Member

Thanks KZIWarrior

I had a real difficult time with removing the Body Glove and experienced just exactly what he describes will occur on the left side at the micro usb port.

Ended up with the Droid surviving but darn near split it open and damaged it.

Thanks, next time I take it off I'll use your method of putting the force on the back of the Body Glove with the thumb.

Appreciate it.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

I know, right? I suppose if it was nice and easy to get off, then we'd have "how do you keep the BG case from slipping off?" threads.

-Mike
  14. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

:rofl3: probably... almost need one for the Seidio case... only had to take it off like 3 times and there is a noticeable difference in the fit (it's MUCH looser) to the point of it being distracting....
  15. dustin4863

dustin4863 New Member

i had to take my BG off it was scratching the hell out of my droid anyone have any suggestions?
    sorry for the hijack
    dustin
  16. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Doesn't the BG have felt or something soft on the inside of the cover? I have seen people saying the Seidio scratches their phones (because it is so loose it lets plenty of crap in underneath) but not heard that on the BG. You can always try to find some very thin, soft cloth to put in between the device.
  17. dustin4863

dustin4863 New Member

it does have felt for the back piece but the front cover is what is scratching my droid (the black frame around the screen) it looks like i took a piece of sand paper to it maybe i will try to find some thin material
  18. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

i kind of like the 'heft' this case adds to the phone, but noticed it leaves a large section of the fone on the right side unprotected .... what's up with that ?

i have the Seidio case for mine and like it so far .... easy to put on/take off for cleaning .... they say the bg adds more protection, but the case seems just as hard as the seidio case (from looking at the video)

i wonder if Incipio is going to come out with a 2-piece case for the droid like they have for blackberry, i had a silicrylic for my storm and it was freaking awesome. hardshell protection AND rubber protection
  19. greyghost04

greyghost04 Member

BTW, the Body Glove is only $14 delivered at meritline.com . Lot of other Droid bargains there.
  20. Dan at Marquette

Dan at Marquette New Member

I have this case and had my first scare with it today. When trying to get the case on, one of the little lips on the case got wedged in between the panel that exits the right side right smack in the middle of the mini-USB. I could briefly see the "guts" (if you will) of the underside of the physical keyboard. I was able to get the case off (gingerly) and snap that little area next to the USB back in place.

Has anyone else had this experience?

And is it something I should get checked out? All the buttons work properly, so nothing was damaged, but that little strip of plastic seems flimsy (though I admit to not seeing how flimsy it was before it was pried open). As long as everything is working fine, I won't worry about it, but I hope that area of the phone isn't at all compromised.
Search tags for this page
body glove galaxy s3 case how to remove

body glove wont come off phone

bodyglove wont come off
droid x2 remove body glove case
how do i take my body glove case off
how to remove a body glove phone case

how to remove a one piece body glove case off phone

how to remove body glove case galaxy

how to remove body glove case galaxy s4

how to remove body glove from droid razr m
htc case wont come off two pieces