BMW Pairing Contacts won't transfer

JoanF

Reaction score
My contacts did not transfer over when I paired with my BMW 330. Any advice - verizon says the bmw system and motorola systems are proprietary and won't talk to each other. I did not have this problem with my old original razr.
If I have to use the phone to call out, how do I use the voice activation without having to turn the screen on and press the icon? All other aspects of the phone are running thru the car speakers etc.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't buy that argument. I don't know about your 330, but my B7 pairs and contact transfer just fine, didn't have to do anything special if I remember correctly. Your 330 is a little older and may have a different version of BMWs bluetooth system. I would try the BMW dealership and see what they can tell you.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
As you were attempting the transfer did you check the notification bar to see if it was requesting permission for the transfer? That was my problem initially. Once I gave permission, the transfer proceeded perfectly...

OP
J

JoanF

Reaction score
Problem solved

I went to another verizon wireless store. The associate got in my car and went thru the contacts menu to get them transferred over in a group. I don't know why this was a two part process. He said the associates at the other store were complete a... , a fact I had experienced on many occasions, but had been in the area, that's why I went there. The first store also didn't know that my bmw can only pair two phones, you need to delete one before adding a new one.