Blutooth not remaining paired

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I just got a new car stereo with GPS, blutooth, all the goodies. The problem, when i get into the car and turn blutooth on on the S8+ it sees the car unit but I have to keep putting the stereo's code in every time. Shouldn't it remember the code? Why do I have to keep putting it in every time? I don't know if it's a problem with the car stereo or the Samsung.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
On the car stereo is there a prompt for Remember Device, or something similar? It may have popped up the first time and you missed the opportunity to select it?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I checked every conceivable setup feature but couldn't find one. The Samsung manual says once paired, it doesn't have to be paired again but that's apparently not true. I have to put in the code every time I want to connect it. It's not a name brand stereo/gps unit but still....

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
check the radio manual - what version of bluetooth does it require. as previously mention, there seem to be some bluetooth issues with the phone. samsung is supposedly working on a fix.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I don't have any issues with Bluetooth with my factory radio on my Honda.. It connects soon after car started.. also multiple headsets are good...

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Could be my stereo. It's a Chinese stereo/gps. The stereo does other strange things. It won't remember the time zone settings. It's probably the stereo.