Blurry contact pictures

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to store the contact photographs on your phone. Step one delete the photo from the contact. Step two make sure the photo is on your phone. Step three link the contact to the photo on your phone. Every time you replace your phone you will need to repeat this process.

This is an absolute P.I.T.A. but it's the only way. Sucks, especially if you flash a lot.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I can vouch for this as well - replacing the picture with a new picture saved on the phone works. I'm not sure what happens if I delete the photo from my phone though..

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Three things:

1. I would love to create an app to backup these settings for ICS users, and...
2. Is there an app already available to backup these settings (titanium, MyBackupPro, etc.)?
3. Is this information stored in Contacts Storage?

kmo

Reaction score
Seems crazy that a device like this can't convert the files to look right. I realize Facebook sync is no go with ICS right now but come on, I just live with the horrible pixelation because I play around with roms too much. No way am I going to go through that process over and over....

kookk

Reaction score
That's unfortunate...I don't flash very often. Once I find a rom I like I usually stick with it for a long time. Maybe I'll put all the pics on my phone like suggested once I find one like that

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's unfortunate...I don't flash very often. Once I find a rom I like I usually stick with it for a long time. Maybe I'll put all the pics on my phone like suggested once I find one like that

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Your other option is HaxSync. It's geared more toward facebook users, but it will give you pretty good quality contact pictures. Once you set it up, it will sync and add the pictures to your contacts automatically.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The People app has an Export/Import feature. Export your settings before wiping your system. When you restore with a new ROM, import those contacts (vcf file). Make sure those pictures are available on your device before you import.

Bowtie

Reaction score
I have had this issue with every android device I have owned (Inc, Droid X, TBolt, Charge and GNex), I have just learned to deal with it as I manage my contacts via my gmail account and load pics of my contacts there.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for this as well - replacing the picture with a new picture saved on the phone works. I'm not sure what happens if I delete the photo from my phone though..
I also can vouch for this as well,my first nexus,everytime I did a hard reset,had to replace pics on contacts.Hopefully update fixex the issue.

Droid101

Reaction score
Just thought Id throw this out here but the main issue with the pictures is that Google has not improved the size limit for pictures yet to allow for HQ pictures. And like someone said about Facebook pictures above Haxsync I have and use and it works really well it was a very well built app.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Just thought Id throw this out here but the main issue with the pictures is that Google has not improved the size limit for pictures yet to allow for HQ pictures. And like someone said about Facebook pictures above Haxsync I have and use and it works really well it was a very well built app.

Yeah, this. When your phone syncs with your Google account, it squishes the pictures down to a smaller size.

The other thing about importing your contacts from anything other than your Google if you switch Roms is that if you ALSO sync your Google account you may end up with duplicate contacts.