Blur widgets on custom ROM

fatman1683

Reaction score
I flashed my D2 with Fisson 2.2.1 and I'm very happy with it so far. However, there were a couple of nice widgets that came with Blur that I'd like to be able to use.

I have the system dump file and the apks, but they won't install. I imagine it's some kind of dependency issue, but I can't get any of the Blur components to install at all.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to resolve this dependency issue and get these Blur widgets on my Fission phone?

Azurikai

Reaction score
I'm really interested in this too as well. I'd like an answer if anyone can provide!

Dustin.

Reaction score
1. Bootstrap recovery.
2. Reboot Recovery.
3. Select ZIP from SD.
4. It's either in the Fission folder or Removed Packages folder.. (Either way it's one of those.)
5. Find the piece of Blur you want to install.
6. Select the package.
7. Yes Install blah blah blah.
8. Wait for it to finish, back out to CWM main screen, select Reboot System.

Enjoy!

Azurikai

Reaction score
weird thing is the files you specified are NOT to be found inside of my Fission folder. I'm gonna try reflashing it and see whats up. thanks though :)

OP
F

fatman1683

Reaction score
All I have in the Fission folder is the add ons that come with Fission, and I don't have a Removed Packages folder. Also, the widget is an .apk, not a .zip, and the bootloader didn't find it when I tried to install it.

Azurikai

Reaction score
is there any where that this folder could be downloaded?

Dustin.

Reaction score
is there any where that this folder could be downloaded?

From what I've been reading. (Just from my understanding) I think Ang completely removed Blur and the back-up Blur packages from Fission for good.

Features:
True Vanilla ROM with generic Android feel, not themed to look line one. No blur apps...
Reboot in Power Menu.
Custom Framework - 10% battery increments with display percent number & without.
Overclock ready out of box.
Lots of free memory.
ROM has root and has been deodexed, and zip alligned.
Busybox installed and symlinks have been applied.
Clean base for you to customize how you like.
And many more...

I do know, you could do that on an earlier version of Fission.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
he probably have have to you can not distribute motorola's blur with out them issuing out a c&D but what Ang can do is like the cvpcs boys do. put the rom on one zip file. then have a gapps.zip separate. Similar would be a way for you to reinstall your blur widgets. Now on the flip side. If you want to keep blur then why go through all that to flash the rom. Just get adw or LP and just install the blur widgets that you use.