Blur running like there's no blur? Insane! Blurry 1.5.2

Biggie-D

Reaction score

hannaxbear

Reaction score
Is voice search working for anybody.. I get a force close every time.

I'm having the same issue...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Voice Search force closed on me too, even after I cleared app data.

I went into Root Explorer, deleted VoiceSearch.apk, re-installed it via Market. Works fine now.

I tried doing this, but it kept saying the file was only read-only and I couldn't figure out how to get around it, so I just uninstalled Google Voice Search using Titanium Backup and re-installed it through the Market, like you said, and it works fine for me now as well. I guess there was something wrong with the APK included in the ROM.

Has anyone else noticed that the accelerometer seems more sensitive after flashing the ROM? It seems to go into landscape mode very easily, even at the slightest tilt, like when I put my phone down...

Other than that, this ROM is running very smoothly. Have had no other problems.

NBAJWill55

Reaction score
Hannaxbear: I think the problem was you were in read only mode. try switching to read/write (at the top right corner of the screen in root explorer).

Actually I'm having force closes on the Market too when trying to update any application (even after clearing data).

The benefits of Blurry greatly outweigh these issues, but Im not sure why its happening?

saxman

Reaction score
So I tried installing a theme without thinking about the fact that it was for android 2.2 not 2.2.1. Now I'm stuck in a boot loop, which would be fine if I knew which SBF file I should flash. Does anyone know which SBF will work? If so, linkage please?

anrichardson

Reaction score
So I tried installing a theme without thinking about the fact that it was for android 2.2 not 2.2.1. Now I'm stuck in a boot loop, which would be fine if I knew which SBF file I should flash. Does anyone know which SBF will work? If so, linkage please?

You should be able to use the 2.2 sbf. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this is not an official 2.2.1, since it has not hit our phones. Its an unofficial leak like we had before and were able to use the 2.1 sbf on the 2.2 leak.

NBAJWill55

Reaction score

Its my understanding that the latest .sbf to be released can be found on rootzwiki.com. MDW has one but they say its not the full sbf.

JMC1018

Reaction score
Having reboot priblems. Happened once yesterday while doing nothing. Now while using tunein radio it has rebooted about 5x. Anyone have any ideas of why? Thanks

vcmstone

Reaction score
Been running for almost 24 hours. Came from Apex. Loving the speed with the few blur apps that I use. Great great job. Now I am hoping the battery life is as good as everyone says.

thetomas

Reaction score
So I'm still having trouble with the dialer crashing. I think it came back after I used the black juice theme, but after flashing 1.5.2 again, I've found the dialer works untill I change my LCD density. I know that not all apps are going to work well with a modified density (i'm running 200) but until now, it has never caused problems with the dialer or anything else crashing. It even worked on blurry 1.0. I'm going to try starting from scratch with an SBF and then avoid the theme and see if it works with 200 density, but if it does not, I'll probably have to go to another rom, since the LCD density is very important to me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

jdhas

Reaction score
So I'm still having trouble with the dialer crashing. I think it came back after I used the black juice theme, but after flashing 1.5.2 again, I've found the dialer works untill I change my LCD density. I know that not all apps are going to work well with a modified density (i'm running 200) but until now, it has never caused problems with the dialer or anything else crashing. It even worked on blurry 1.0. I'm going to try starting from scratch with an SBF and then avoid the theme and see if it works with 200 density, but if it does not, I'll probably have to go to another rom, since the LCD density is very important to me.

You will have massive problems on nearly any ROM running at a custom LCD.

thetomas

Reaction score

As I said in my post, that's simply not true. This is, in fact, the first serious problem i've had with a custom lcd density, and so far it seems confined to this rom. I've been using custom lcd density on my droid 1 from stock rooted with adw to cyanogen, and now have used it on stock rooted droid x 2.2 with and without adw and with rubix blurry .3 and 1.0. Until now, the only "problems" i've had consistently are with poorly programmed games and other apps which show up in th eupper left hand corner of the screen instead of scaling to the full size. They still run, they just don't look good. If I were experiencing that behavior from the dialer, it'd be a different story, but the dialer crashes and seems to reset the radio. There's no reason it should do that due to lcd density alone.

unboostedzc

Reaction score

As I said in my post, that's simply not true. This is, in fact, the first serious problem i've had with a custom lcd density, and so far it seems confined to this rom. I've been using custom lcd density on my droid 1 from stock rooted with adw to cyanogen, and now have used it on stock rooted droid x 2.2 with and without adw and with rubix blurry .3 and 1.0. Until now, the only "problems" i've had consistently are with poorly programmed games and other apps which show up in th eupper left hand corner of the screen instead of scaling to the full size. They still run, they just don't look good. If I were experiencing that behavior from the dialer, it'd be a different story, but the dialer crashes and seems to reset the radio. There's no reason it should do that due to lcd density alone.

^+1. blurry .3/1.0 had NO issues with lcd densities. i flashed focused 1.8.6 two days ago and have had reboots hourly after lcd modification.

ive also had no luck with my usb issues. every mode other than windows media sync demounts the sd card when plugged in to my computers. ive uninstalled, updated, deleted every driver and reinstalled with no avail. it seems to have happened about a day after i installed blurry 1.0 and im done at this point. im flashing back to stock 2.2 as i type this and will try a fresh blurry 1.5.2 install.

anyone have any info on blurry 1.5.2/2.2.1 themes? sephtin has a sick black status bar and notification window theme for focused, anyone know if it will work with blurry 1.5.2?