Blur running like there's no blur? Insane! Blurry 1.5.2

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Drod2169, what are the odds of including the "Reboot" option in the power menu and the widget selection menu from Focused 1.8.6 in Blurry?

Reboot in the power menu was there before he fixed the phone dialer. Not sure what the widget selection option is though.

Well, I'll take a working dialer over a reboot option!

The widget selection (which I think comes from the Android source in 2.2.1) compresses the widget selection menu when you are selecting a new widget so that instead of (for example) listing all 11 Android Agenda Widgets in the main menu, it just lists one selection for Android Agenda Widget with a sub comment that there are 11 widgets. When you select that, you get a sub-menu with just the 11 Android Agenda Widgets. It's pretty sweet, and very handy when you're constantly flashing new ROMs and having to re-setup your homescreens! dancedroid

You can get the widget picker app here: [App] AppWidgetPicker - xda-developers

Or, there is a thread about it on these forums here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...t-picker-makes-selecting-widgets-simpler.html

Either way, it's easy to install. I keep a copy of the apk on my sd card and install it myself any time I load a rom that doesn't include it.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, and for anyone who has tasker and would like a reboot 'button'... that can be done with tasker if you're using the 'execute' add-on with it. I actually put mine into a tasker menu widget so that I don't accidentally bump the button.

jdhas

Reaction score
Oh, and for anyone who has tasker and would like a reboot 'button'... that can be done with tasker if you're using the 'execute' add-on with it. I actually put mine into a tasker menu widget so that I don't accidentally bump the button.

Thanks for the AppWidgetPicker tip! That's some sexy stuff!

You've totally lost me with your comment above about Tasker, though. I use Tasker (though I am no expert); what's the "execute" addon?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. http://www.appbrain.com/app/locale-execute-plug-in/de.elmicha.app.LocaleExecute Thanks for the tips!

NWEng

Reaction score
Ok, I don't see anyone else mentioning it; but, I'm having an issue syncing contacts with my Exchange server. My email and calendar seem to be fine, and no issues with Gmail though.

jdhas

Reaction score
Ok, I don't see anyone else mentioning it; but, I'm having an issue syncing contacts with my Exchange server. My email and calendar seem to be fine, and no issues with Gmail though.

I actually noticed that emails weren't deleting on an Exchange server after being deleted on my phone. Could be related?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So has the OP download been updated? Meaning the dialer issue is fixed?

Still creeping into this one as you can see, still on .03:)

ogremcfoobin

Reaction score
Exchange Contacts

I am having the same issue with my Exchange Contacts not syncing. I am debating installing the awesome ASOP Email.apk that I have lying around until this gets sorted out. Otherwise this puppy is saaweet!

Update: I installed email.apk in system/app using root explorer, gave user full permissions, and rebooted. I now have a fully functional Exchange setup, contacts flowing and all. It is a simple work around, and I even prefer this to the blur "Corporate Sync" anyways. I will try to find where I downloaded this from so I can post a link to anyone who wants to go this route.

Last edited:

spartan466

Reaction score
My corporate contacts aren't syncing either. Same issue with Blurry 1.0.

Also, Google Voice Search is FCing on me.

jdhas

Reaction score

I am having the same issue with my Exchange Contacts not syncing. I am debating installing the awesome ASOP Email.apk that I have lying around until this gets sorted out. Otherwise this puppy is saaweet!

Update: I installed email.apk in system/app using root explorer, gave user full permissions, and rebooted. I now have a fully functional Exchange setup, contacts flowing and all. It is a simple work around, and I even prefer this to the blur "Corporate Sync" anyways. I will try to find where I downloaded this from so I can post a link to anyone who wants to go this route.

Would love to try this. Could you just upload the .apk to Mediafire (or something) and share the link?

NWEng

Reaction score

Yeah, I like the ROM too; but, the contacts is a deal breaker for me since I use this a lot for work. The only reason I like the Blur email is that I adjust the size of the text instead of working around that too. (I'm far sighted.....) If it weren't for that, I'd be flying Blurless.

Biggie-D

Reaction score
Is it necessary to wipe data and cache when coming from blurry 1.0?

Right from the creators post....

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SDCard
Select rubiXBlurry1.5.2.zip
Select Yes
Reboot System

I came from 1.0 and wiped out all as outlined in the install instructions.. Better to be safe then sorry even though it stinks having to reset every thing up...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App