Blur running like there's no blur? Insane! Blurry 1.5.2

sensatti

Reaction score
Wipe data if were on the previous version or does it matter?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I wiped everything and its flashing now, I'll find out in about 3 minutes if the dialer works.

Reaction score
Dialer works as normal woot woot. Going to run this for a day or so to see if I can deal with the slowdown vs focused which isn't very much. Want the HDMI support.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wipe data if were on the previous version or does it matter?

If you're running the previous version, no need to wipe data

ericsch333

Reaction score
Themes

I tried a Nexttheme black bar and it caused FC with LP and Gmail just a heads up had to start over. Anybody try anything that worked. I am sure one will come out with the 2.2.1 framework.

sensatti

Reaction score
Excellent, dialer works. Now if we could just get motorola to fix the text timestamp issue in blur, damn them!

Awesome job drod, your rims are great.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Man Drod2169 is doing work! Its seems like only yesterday that i had Blurry 1.0, dang. I really like your work, keep it up!

Reaction score
I tried a Nexttheme black bar and it caused FC with LP and Gmail just a heads up had to start over. Anybody try anything that worked. I am sure one will come out with the 2.2.1 framework.

The blackjuice green theme for blurry 1.0 works just fine for this one as well. Running it right now with absolutely no issues. I honestly can't tell a difference between this and focused as far as speed goes. HDMI support and all the widgets are nice.

One more question, how can I get the carhome app from focused 1.8.6 for blurry? I absolutely HATE the way the blur one looks but I like the transparent one.

edit: I pulled the carhomegoogle and carhome launcher apks that I want off the apex (same launcher as focused 1.8.6) zip I had on my desktop, do I install one or both or something else?

Thanks

Last edited:

crankshot89

Reaction score
Drod2169 this ROM is def the best. Thank u for all the time put into it. Will def be donating

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

The blackjuice green theme for blurry 1.0 works just fine for this one as well. Running it right now with absolutely no issues. I honestly can't tell a difference between this and focused as far as speed goes. HDMI support and all the widgets are nice.

One more question, how can I get the carhome app from focused 1.8.6 for blurry? I absolutely HATE the way the blur one looks but I like the transparent one.

edit: I pulled the carhomegoogle and carhome launcher apks that I want off the apex (same launcher as focused 1.8.6) zip I had on my desktop, do I install one or both or something else?

Thanks

Place both in /system/app and change permissions to 644
Delete or rename CarDock.apk as well

Reaction score
I'm probably an idiot for not knowning how to change permissions... I'm guessing its a root exploder option. I long press on the apk files and I get 9 check boxes? Another thing I found with launcher pro in blurry (and Apex) is that the contacts link takes me to the dialer and it won't let me change the shortcut to contacts but it will let me change it to contact search. In both Focused 1.6 and 1.8.6 it works like it should so I have no clue what is going on there.

Still bouncing between this and Focused. Like Focus a little better but I am OCD about that damn HDMI port. Used it just last night to show off some video...

edit: Another option I don't have is to sync my facebook contacts with my contacst like I do in Focused. If I'm an idiot and am not doing it right I apologize.

Last edited:

jdhas

Reaction score
Hey Drod2169, what are the odds of including the "Reboot" option in the power menu and the widget selection menu from Focused 1.8.6 in Blurry?

mazz0310

Reaction score
I'm probably an idiot for not knowning how to change permissions... I'm guessing its a root exploder option. I long press on the apk files and I get 9 check boxes? Another thing I found with launcher pro in blurry (and Apex) is that the contacts link takes me to the dialer and it won't let me change the shortcut to contacts but it will let me change it to contact search. In both Focused 1.6 and 1.8.6 it works like it should so I have no clue what is going on there.

Still bouncing between this and Focused. Like Focus a little better but I am OCD about that damn HDMI port. Used it just last night to show off some video...

edit: Another option I don't have is to sync my facebook contacts with my contacst like I do in Focused. If I'm an idiot and am not doing it right I apologize.

So to change permissions:
In root explorer hold down on the file, click permissions, and just type in 644
OR
Do adb shell, su, cd /system/app and then do chmod 644 CarDock.apk

THEN

for facebook sync, you have to log into facebook through the blur option and not through facebook it self, so go to settings, clikc accounts, click facebook and log in, that should sync your contacts.

mazz0310

Reaction score
Hey Drod2169, what are the odds of including the "Reboot" option in the power menu and the widget selection menu from Focused 1.8.6 in Blurry?

Reboot in the power menu was there before he fixed the phone dialer. Not sure what the widget selection option is though.

jdhas

Reaction score

Reboot in the power menu was there before he fixed the phone dialer. Not sure what the widget selection option is though.

Well, I'll take a working dialer over a reboot option!

The widget selection (which I think comes from the Android source in 2.2.1) compresses the widget selection menu when you are selecting a new widget so that instead of (for example) listing all 11 Android Agenda Widgets in the main menu, it just lists one selection for Android Agenda Widget with a sub comment that there are 11 widgets. When you select that, you get a sub-menu with just the 11 Android Agenda Widgets. It's pretty sweet, and very handy when you're constantly flashing new ROMs and having to re-setup your homescreens! dancedroid