Blur question

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Is there any way I can change the timing on how fast or slow blur will sync with facebook and twitter? I like the widgets but noticed my battery died from a full charge in 5 hours because the widgets kept syncing every 2 minutes.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can go to Settings>Data Manager>Data Delivery>Social Applications and set Social apps to sync over wifi only.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I noticed that, but thats pretty lame that it will pull on the battery THAT much on 3g. Just wondering if there was some kind of fix.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't use blur widgets myself...don't they have any settings capability when you set them up on the home screen?

You can set up a battery profile on Battery Manager....I use the max savings setting...turns off sync when the phone is asleep - that may keep the widgets from killing your battery if there are no individual settings.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm, I looked around the custom settings and at the max battery saver mode and don't see where it will turn off when my screen is off however I do remember an app called juice defender I'll give a shot.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I looked around the custom settings and at the max battery saver mode and don't see where it will turn off when my screen is off however I do remember an app called juice defender I'll give a shot.

I've taken the info that "...stops syncing data after 15 minutes of inactivity" indicated that if you turned your screen and left it off for 15 minutes, that syncing would stop (including widgets).

Juice Defender is an option - it made my D2 very unstable to I turned it off. I know I've seen posts from some people that say it works fine for them.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
How did it make your D2 unusable?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I used juice defender it would occasionally turn 3g off for no reason (I know this because the juice defenddr logo in the status bar turned red) I would sometimes have to turn airplane mode on and off just to get service but it was a rarity and I still recomend it. I'm rooted and now that I use setcpu to underclock I get about 14 hours to a charge with medium/heavy use and have uninstalled juice defender. But if your not rooted it definately serves its purpose.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
When I used juice defender it would occasionally turn 3g off for no reason (I know this because the juice defenddr logo in the status bar turned red) I would sometimes have to turn airplane mode on and off just to get service but it was a rarity and I still recomend it. I'm rooted and now that I use setcpu to underclock I get about 14 hours to a charge with medium/heavy use and have uninstalled juice defender. But if your not rooted it definately serves its purpose.

I am rooted and have the profiles set up I think it was just widgets that were killing me.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did it make your D2 unusable?

Had some lock ups and I believe even one reboot...it wasn't pretty. I ran it on my D1 OK...

I am very happy w/battery performance using the built-in battery profile options, so I haven't bothered to try it again.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I am rooted and have the profiles set up I think it was just widgets that were killing me.

Ya those social network widgets can be pretty data intensive. I had some luck with tweetdeck though.

Last edited: