Blur gingerbread

oildriller83

Reaction score
Ok...so my phone is rooted. I have tried installing the blur ginger bread, as well as TBH 3 file. I have stock froyo 2.2.340. Every file I try using always throws a code 7. Megaupload.com is where I'm downloading from cause all other mirriors I've from searching are no longer up. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've used x loader, as well as droid2 bootstrap and still no luck. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

kdkinc

Reaction score
Ok...so my phone is rooted. I have tried installing the blur ginger bread, as well as TBH 3 file. I have stock froyo 2.2.340. Every file I try using always throws a code 7. Megaupload.com is where I'm downloading from cause all other mirriors I've from searching are no longer up. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've used x loader, as well as droid2 bootstrap and still no luck. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

A few questions come to mind.
How did you root the phone ? what tool ?
Do root only apps work such as Titanium back up function properly?
If BootStrap D2 works as it should then I believe you are rooted as you should . ( droid2 bootstrap will work fine on a DX)
Do you have a FULL .340 SBF handy ? (last straw effort)
Try a power + Home button to get to the phone recovery system,
Their are two recoveries the Phone recovery and the Bootstrap recovery.
You get there from holding those two buttons from a powered off phone then do a reboot.
OH... do you have third party apps and USB debugging checked in Apps setting ?
Are the Rom's your trying to access placed on the SD card ??

Hope some of this ramblings helps...YOU will get it.
when all else fails read the guides...LOL

Last edited:
OP
O

oildriller83

Reaction score
i used z4root, and it worked perfect. i do have a 340 sbf (421 mb?) but i can not search from my recovery mode for it, and the computer will not pick up the phone in recovery mode as well...i have several gingerbread zip files as well as froyo and tried renaming the to update.zip so i can access them from the stock droid x recovery cause i can not enter into bootstrap unless i can get my phone turned on....still no luck. it boots to the motorola emblem the loops until battery goes dead

OP
O

oildriller83

Reaction score
i guess i should back up...i finally got the update and installed it...but before rebooting phone i "wiped data, factory reset" now i'm stuck with what i just previously posted lol

kdkinc

Reaction score
i guess i should back up...i finally got the update and installed it...but before rebooting phone i "wiped data, factory reset" now i'm stuck with what i just previously posted lol

WOW, ya your phone has some fixable issues.
first z4root tool was was a great tool to root but now you need Ginger Breaker 1.2 or the newest one.

Your SBF file stays on your PC and you SBF using The Moto boot tool RDS.

If you took the New update from VZW you can't root as far as I know at this time . (its early still ) update, which one VZW or a GB update ?

Boot Loop just pull battery,have a sip of coffee then HOLD home button & power button.
Install battery HOLDING buttons UNTILL the screen get the triangle & ! with a droid guy.

Let go buttons.

Hit search button a menu will pop up.

Navigate menu with volume button.

trigger selection with power button.

Do a Factory reset. takes a few minutes, then do a wipe catch .

select reboot and let reboot.

Good to go
you most likley know this stuff but my fingers got moving and maybe someone else may get some use from this.

Hope all is well now.

Last edited:
OP
O

oildriller83

Reaction score
this is exactly what i did...

Downloaded z4root and rooted my phone

was downloading several gb updates directly from the mobile browser onto my phone to succeed in nothing but errors.

downloaded dedoxgb.zip rooted file on pc, connected phone, moved to hard drive, loaded D2 bootstrap loader, found file, installed update.

before rebooting i immidiately selected wipe data, factory reset after it said installation complete

been stuck in boot looping over and over, tried pulling battery several times, wiping cash, and factory reset probably 20 times, and now has drained my battery

found out that "bootloader" screen is not the same as "recovery"

computer should reconize my phone in "bootloader" but i have to have a fully charged battery to connect and install froyo 2.3.340 sbf to reboot my system and start over.

i won't be home from the rig to my internet and laptop for 1 more night. i'll take a short nap after the long drive home, try it and then i'll post up here what i did and how i did it to fix my phone....or i'll come back complaining some more lmao

thanks for your help tho, and i'll def post up how to fix it so it'll help other ppl cause i've done many hours of googling to find 1 page on how to fix this so the more it gets out, the better i think

OP
O

oildriller83

Reaction score
I forgot i started this thread, but i guess i should do an update since it's been fixed.

The problem i did was.....i tried to install gb .595 straight from froyo, which was impossible. that's why i bootlooped. i got home, sbf'd back to froyo, downloaded .578 gb, placed on sd card, z4rooted, used backstrap to install .578. after gb was installed, i used gingerbreak to root, then backstrapped and installed .595, and later .596, then later .602 and used the keep root method that worked flawlessly.