Blur Alarm

bkendrick

Reaction score
I installed the blur alarm from the LTB and the notification icon keeps disappearing. When its gone the "next" alarm date and time on the lock screen is gone as well. I tried clearing data, deleting all alarms, re-creating alarms, and re-install from zip in recovery and still the same. The service seems to stay running. Any suggestions? I would hate to be late for work. Liberty 1.5

mymkllr

Reaction score
I installed the blur alarm too, and I never noticed but your right, the icon is gone now. However, it still woke me up this morning just like always.

As a side note, the ONLY reason I installed the blur alarm is because I like the option for the increasing volume of the alarm. So if suggestions are taken, please put that feature in the liberty alarm so I can go blurless.

OP
bkendrick

bkendrick

Reaction score
As long as it still goes off I can live with that. It was nice to see the scheduled alarm time on the lock screen though. It added extra comfort. The other reason I liked the blur alarm is the touch anywhere to snooze.

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I noticed that the notification for the Blur Alarm was never there in Liberty 1.0, but the alarm always went off without fail. Now after upgrading to 1.5 the notification is there sometimes, sometimes it's not. It usually shows up when I plug my phone into my multimedia dock though. No problem here, just adds to my OCD at night constantly checking to make sure my alarm is on.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I believe that if you remove the clock app that comes with Liberty, it will fix this issue... I may be wrong but if it does let me know and I will have jrummy change the script to remove the clock when installing the blur alarm.

BTW you should be able to remove the clock by going to Liberty Toolbox-->App Management-->Remove Apps

1barlog17

Reaction score
Ive removed the stock clock App on liberty 1.0 and the stock App was still there when plugged into the dock but the blur alarm went off in the morning. Is there a way to have the stock alarm go away completely when you install the blur alarm? Don't get me wrong I hate most blur stuff on my X but they got the alarm dialed in pretty good. Love the feature were I can touch anywhere to snooze. But this is why Liberty Rom rocks you have the option to choose what blur apps you want. Thanks Guy's!

XDRDX

Reaction score
I believe that if you remove the clock app that comes with Liberty, it will fix this issue... I may be wrong but if it does let me know and I will have jrummy change the script to remove the clock when installing the blur alarm.

BTW you should be able to remove the clock by going to Liberty Toolbox-->App Management-->Remove Apps

I removed the desk clock that comes with liberty using root explorer and installed the blur clock with the liberty app and my alarm goes off just fine in the morning and always shows on my bar and lock screen properly. I ran into some problems using early versions of the liberty app to install add ons because it wasn't mounting the system in RW. I fixed this by setting the system to RW in the app manually then using the install add on function with selecting the add on. I believe it does it automatically most of the time now.

Every once in a while I still have to use root explorer to change something and set the permissions but its rare.

What I have found helps with this is setting the fix permissions on boot check in liberty settings. I also zipalign my system and apps on every boot just to make sure everything is all lined up if I have updates or anything like that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
bkendrick

bkendrick

Reaction score
I think that did it! Thanks...figured removing all the alarms in the stock would have sufficed but as usual I was wrong. Thanks again!

DX. CFU. LIB 1.5.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Kejar31, this does work but with one small issue. After removing the desk clock that comes with Liberty, the blur alarm shows up on the lock screen and in the status bar, but now when I put my phone in my multimedia dock it does nothing. I realize this must be built into the desk clock that comes with Liberty. There is another thread started about trying to get the Blur Desk Clock installed, but I don't think anyone has had any success. Do you have any suggestions?

Oh and you might want to tell jrummy to not add that script, b/c then if someone wants the blur alarm, and uses a multimedia dock (like me), they will lose the functionality of the dock.

Edit: I see someone posted the Blur Desk Clock . zip over on the other thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...but-blur-desk-clock-anyone-2.html#post1267366). I will be giving this a try as soon as I get home.