1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Wingman08, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Wingman08

Wingman08 New Member

I just got my Droid and I also have a Scala Rider headset for my Bike helmet. I paired both and they connected but when I press the headset button nothing happens . Any ideas?
  2. griz8791

griz8791 New Member

OK, don't freak out. Are you sitting down?

You can't voice dial it through any Bluetooth device. You will have to trigger either the voice search or the voice dial and then speak into the Droid microphone. Then it will place the call, transfer you to a call screen, and it will either automatically route the call to your headset or you can manually send it to the headset with the button in the lower left corner of the screen.

It does take SOME input from Bluetooth devices. For example, the "pause/play," "next" and "previous" buttons on my Motorola S705 do indeed cause the music player to pause and skip forward and back. Ditto for the forward and back buttons on my Motorola S505.

I have heard there may be an OS upgrade for this but I am skeptical because, as I understand it, there is no local voice recognition on the Droid. Anything you speak into it is instead transmitted wirelessly to Google's servers which recognize it and transmit it back to the phone. I am not an engineer but can easily imagine this is why you can't voice dial it over Bluetooth.
Search tags for this page

bluetooth

how to sync a scala rider