Bluetooth

flyman221

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy note 20 ultra
Have just changed from an iPhone to a Note 20 so am new to Android. I have successfully paired the phone with my mac but the two are not connecting. I can see the phone on the mac and see the mac on my phone.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum! . I'm not very familiar with Mac products, but what are you trying to do with the Bluetooth pairing? I'm not sure that Android shows up as a connected device to where you can browse files, content, etc. when paired via Bluetooth.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
F

flyman221

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy note 20 ultra
Welcome to the Forum! . I'm not very familiar with Mac products, but what are you trying to do with the Bluetooth pairing? I'm not sure that Android shows up as a connected device to where you can browse files, content, etc. when paired via Bluetooth.

Hi Sajo. I am trying to use Syncmate to sync phone with my mac, bluetooth is one option to do this, and so having paired this should have been possible. Thanks for any help.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have never used Syncmate, never heard of it before today. But from reading their guide for Android, it sounds like it is supposed to work on most Android phones running Android 5 thru 10. There is supposed to be an option within the app to allow permissions and start the sync process (according to their instructions). Did you see that screen, enable any permissions and try to start the sync process.

There might be some other users here that have used Syncmate to sync their phone with a Mac, and can maybe provide some insight. But it might also be helpful to reach out to Syncmate customer support and see if they have any useful information or tips.

OP
F

flyman221

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy note 20 ultra
I have reported the problem to Syncmate. Just thought I might be doing something wrong within Android. Thanks for the help.