Bluetooth?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Aaaahhhh, now I understand. I'm a little slow sometimes. Depending on the bluetooth device that you have, you have to download your contacts onto the device. From my experience, you have to initiate that from the bluetooth device, not the phone. Each device is different on how to do that and you have to tell your phone to allow that. As I'm trying to download contacts, a box will open on my phone asking for permission to do that. Once I OK it, then they will download and the bluetooth will have them all.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Haha, my fault should've been more clear. Gave phone permission but still nothing. Went to phone book on car radio and said I don't have one. Not finding anywhere to download it. Haven't had car long and new to the blue tooth thing. Might go by big red and see if they have any ideas

jseah

Reaction score
Check your owner's manual for the car radio. On my Mercedes, when I connect a phone via bluetooth for the first time, the car stereo will prompt me to download the phone book. If I answer no, it will never ask me again.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Big red suggested re-pairing. Did and phone asked permission again but car did nothing. They also suggested going to dealership, which I may do. Not vital that I have it, but would be nice. looked in owners manual too and couldn't find anything about downloading a phonebook

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
You're on the right track now. The dealership should be able to get it sorted out. It sounds like it's a problem with the car audio not asking for the info from the phone. Have you tried pairing your phone to another bluetooth device that has phone book capability to see if that works OK? If that is fine then it is definitely an issue with your car audio.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
I purchased Sound About pro. My stereo has BT for phone but doesn't stream audio through BT. So I plug in an audio cable to the headphone jack. The app basically tells the phone how to handle each audio source. You can get a free version but the pro version has more features.

Ok, I've read that the Samsung firmware doesn't allow Bluetooth phone calls while something is plugged into the headphone jack. I've confirmed this in my car (2010 VW Jetta, which paired fine for phone, downloaded phone book fine, but doesn't do Stereo audio :( ). Does this program allow for both to work? I've used a number of phones in this car and others and never had an issue. I've always used the Moto power/audio cable to my dock so I could just drop my phone in and it would charge and take audio out at the same time. This phone will do one or the other, but not together as-is. Just one of my minor complaints so far with this phone.

OP
C

coryrk26

Reaction score
Figured out what I was doing wrong. I had to check the box to allow the phone to be seen. Duh!

ron316

Reaction score
I pair mine with my pioneer bt200 it connects it works I turn the vehicle off I have to rescan even thought it says its paired

GVLBob

Reaction score
Making myself more clear sorry. Made a call in the car with blue tooth and car didn't recognize my contacts

This might be something specific to your car, but with mine I had to OK the download of the contacts to the car and then wait a while for the information transfer to occur.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
This might be something specific to your car, but with mine I had to OK the download of the contacts to the car and then wait a while for the information transfer to occur.

Give permission and nothing happens

lisalisa13

Reaction score
How long did you wait for the car to download the contact list?

Everytime I get in car the phone asks for permission I hit ok and nothing happens, have waited several minutes a few times before driving.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Pull the battery while the phone is on to do a soft boot. Since if that cures the Bluetooth. Then you may have to perform a factory reset, of course after backing up first!

GVLBob

Reaction score
Everytime I get in car the phone asks for permission I hit ok and nothing happens, have waited several minutes a few times before driving.

It does that awhile. Is there anything you have to also do on the phone end of things?