Bluetooth?

coryrk26

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with the bluetooth? I have a Kenwood CD player that worked just fine with my S3. It doesn't pick up my S4 at all. Help!?!

biggdave92

Reaction score
My maxx worked fine in my 2012 honda insight. S4 wont connect. Hope they fix this soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
This would be a big problem if widespread. Chime in all of you who have either had success or failure with bluetooth. Let us know what device/car you are connecting with and what year the car is.

OP
C

coryrk26

Reaction score
I'm going to update the firmware on my stereo and see if that helps. It hooks up just fine in my 2011 Sorento so the firmware must not be compatible with BT 4.0 I guess. Grr!

bkendrick

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my sony car stereo until I found an option to reset the bluetooth on the stereo. Paired fine after that. Hope that helps.

However, I'm having a small inconvenience. When I get into my car the phone automatically pairs but only pairs with the option for phone. I have to go into settings and select audio...and I have to do this every time. Any ideas?

EMC23

Reaction score
I had no problems hooking mine up to My Ford Sync system.

OP
C

coryrk26

Reaction score
I purchased Sound About pro. My stereo has BT for phone but doesn't stream audio through BT. So I plug in an audio cable to the headphone jack. The app basically tells the phone how to handle each audio source. You can get a free version but the pro version has more features.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Could only get the phone to pair not music. Was taking my brain then occurred to me to try and plug it in. Scanned blue tooth and music popped up yay :) .just turned it on again without cord and came up. Chevy Sonic 2012

REMilk

Reaction score
Reboot aka power down/power up your S4 after the first time you pair each device.

My experience with connecting/pairing BT devices with my S4 is that after you pair a device, for the first time, you need to reboot the S4. I have 3 BT devices, Logitec UME Boombox, Lg Note/700 BT earbuds, Ford Sync.

I was able to connect and pair the to the Logitec UME Boombox. When I tried to connect and pair the Lg Note/700 BT earbuds, the S$ could not even 'see' the earbuds. After a reboot, the S4 connected and paired immediately. Again, when I tried to connect/pair to the Ford Sync, the S4 did not see it. A reboot, and after entering the Sync pin, it connected. I rebooted the S4 after connecting/pairing to the Ford Sync.

The S4, now connects and pairs to each of these devices as expected.

Good Luck,
Bob

lisalisa13

Reaction score
tried actually making a call for first time and doesn't know my contacts/address book :(

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
How did you sync your contacts? G-mail, Backup assistant, other?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
If your contacts show up in G-mail, they should show up on your phone. Try syncing G-mail (your Google account) again. Try to look at calendar entries that are in G-mail on your computer(if you have them) and see if they are on your phone calendar. If they aren't there, then it's just not syncing. Did you get all of your apps automatically on your phone when you set it up? Was it set up as G-mail for contacts as the default? If that's all good, then I'm out of answers. There are others far smarter than me that I'm sure can help you.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Making myself more clear sorry. Made a call in the car with blue tooth and car didn't recognize my contacts