Bluetooth

pool_shark

Reaction score
I did some checking around and I read that the Droid 2 cannot native send files via bluetooth but it can receive.
I don't believe it's a Verizon block because I downloaded software from the Market and was able to successfully send a file to my PC via Bluetooth.
Search the Market and install Bluetooth file transfer by medieval software.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
OK I just tried that and that did not work either. The only thing left to try is to put her on a blackberry specific plan. I found out that she just took her sim card out of her old backflip and put it in her blackberry. She's not able to set up her email either. That's the last thing I can think of to try.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
Did she put the BB in discovery mode before you tried sending the file?

Ryelic

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I don't believe I have seen this topic yet if I missed it I'm sorry = )...but here it goes...I have had my Ally for quite sometime now and one thing I have not been able to figure out is the blutooth connection problems...everytime I scan for other bluetooth devices they WILL show up to pair/connect...but yet it only let's me pair and not connect!!! I have been able to connect to a handsfree device(I apoligize if that's incorrect lol) but not other phones, not even to my wifes Ally so I can't send music, pics, contacts etc. Without sending them as a sms/mms to her...please HELP
Any suggestions or tips are much appreciated thank you

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Verizon does block it, they dnt allow it through their stock hardware, that way they are not responsible if users don't respect copy rights. Email and other ways are third party apps, verizon doesn't control those. I have had many different verizon phones and all of them are the same, the verizon bluetooth hardware blocks it. How ever I used to get around it, by sending ringtones by text. The texting or email or any market apps are not verizon hardware. Its not wether you are transfering to a different service provider, its determined by what device you are transfering to. They control that by using the bluetooth serial. I've had the razor, krazer, nokia phones, samsung, different androids, BB all with verizon and they all do the same thing. Idk if u guys have had different providers before, but verizon phones are the ONLY phones in the insdustry that do this. Some smart phones make an exception since they are smart phones, there are ways around this like you said find a third party app that works. About her email, try logging in online then logging in on the phone. My Droid 2 does send files over bluetooth but only sometimes when it wants to, the verizon bluetooth firewall doesn't have much work put into it.

KyliexAnne

Reaction score
I noticed the other day I had this problem too. My friend was sitting here with my phone in 1 hand and his phone in the other and it paired but wouldn't connect...

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

alicia.miller11

Reaction score
Its not about what carrier you use. Bluetooth works when its enabled on both the sender & receiver's phone to transfer data

sziehr

Reaction score
I've succesfully transferred mp3s from my D2 to an AT&T Galaxy over bluetooth, so it's not blocked.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
The ability to receive files from an at&t phone is not in question. It's the ability to send from d2 to at&t that's the problem. I cannot get it to work.

sziehr

Reaction score
And as I posted above, I HAVE sent files FROM my D2 TO an AT&T phone.

raryty

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I just got the new Bose bluetooth earpiece and it is basically worthless with the screen lock on. I need the screen lock on because when I put my Droid 1 into my holster one of the side buttons gets pressed and turns it back on, just draining my battery and beeping all the damn time, lol Does anyone know if there is a way to keep all the other buttons (other than the power) from waking up the phone? I'd like for just the power button to turn my Droid on at all time.

Thanks!