bluetooth won't turn on

tewksbury

Reaction score
The bluetooth on my moto droid (android 2.1) will not turn on. I have tried it from the settings>wireless and network, and it just says "turning on..." for about 5 seconds then quits and stays unchecked and off. I have also tried from the power widget and it says "updating bluetooth setting" and then doesn't turn on.

I have never tried to turn it on until now. Best Buy tech support just told me to pull the battery and after doing that 3 times and it still not working they said they didn't know what the problem was and couldn't help me. Verizon said the same thing.

I won't be in a city for another couple weeks (I am living/working on an oil rig) at which point my 4 weeks return window will have expired and tech support is no help. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

mrmantx

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem.

bsteph10

Reaction score
Droid Bluetooth won't turn on

I'm having the same problem as well. A restart of my phone takes care of it, but it's very annoying. It seems to happen when I lose connection with my Jawbone icon by walking too far away, etc. I'm reasonably sure that this problem did not start until after I got the Jawbone. I had a Motorola H17 before.

I also have an app called "Toggle Settings" that turns my Bluetooth off and on based on time rules. Anybody else running this app and having this trouble?

I have a stock Droid with 2.1.

kovalli

Reaction score
Has somebody figured this problem out_? I have the exact same problem, the BT won't turn on. It all started when I installed a couple of bluetooth applications (the file transfer and the on-off switch). I uninstalled them and still the BT won't turn on. PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

dgoldbe2

Reaction score
I had the same problem on both my droids (one for me, one for my wife), rebooting the phone fixed it.

Alt + Shift + Del

geosynch

Reaction score
+1. Just joined the forum when my Mot Droid started having this problem. I have been using it since the day the Droid first went on sale last fall (Oct?) and have never had a Bluetooth problem.

I just got the Froyo update and this problem occurred same day. I can't be sure, but I don't think BT worked after the Froyo update. Then the first time I tried to make a call while driving I noticed it was dead and wouldn't turn on.

I'm guessing the Froyo update timing and BT blowing up was a coincidence. A "reboot" fixed it.

Annoying if it keeps up.

geosynch