Bluetooth/Voyager Pro+ sound quality

DanMan

Reaction score
Bluetooth/Voyager Pro+ call quality

I am a convert from having 3 Blackberrys(loved my Torch!) at AT&T to switching to Verizon and going with the HTC Rezound. As to be expected the stock battery life sucked so I have replaced it with the 2700 mAh HTC extended battery. That was after Verizon walked me through making some battery-saving settings changes. The difference in battery lift isn't astounding but it deffinately has more capacity and makes me feel more comfortable that I'll make it through the day on a single charge if I have to. I see Mugen now has a 4000 battery for it so I just might have to get one eventually.
Here is my main annoyance. I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro+(my 3rd Plantronics) that worked beautifully with my BB Torch. It works fine with my Rezound with the exception that people on the other end complain they either can't understand me or I sound kinda scratchy or choppy, however, they sound perfectly fine to me and streaming audio sounds great also. It's practically unusable when I'm outside with any sort of breeze at all. I've tried removing/repairing them and turning off the Voice Privacy on the phone but to no avail. I've thought about getting the ProHD to see if that would work better with it. I'm a tow truck operator so having and being able to use a bluetooth headset is invaluable. Yes I'm aware of the Blue Parrot headsets as my boss has several pair and loves them(they do sound great) but that's not a practical, wear-all-day-long option for me. Although they'd work good when I'm driving. Does anyone else have or had this issue or found a solution? Would ICS possibly work better with better audio quality transmission?
Also, as for ICS, if I flashed it I would still be able to flash back to stock, right? If I flashed to ICS and Verizon releases the OTA ICS would it update to that final release or not?
Thank you.

Last edited:

blackdog043

Reaction score
I just bought a Motorola H730 today. I have been having the same problems with my, Plantronics M1100. I drive a semi, and I can't hold a phone while driving, it's a $2,100.00 fine if I'm caught. I should know in a couple days if this one acts up. I used the 700 series before with my OG Droid. I also don't care for the Blue Parrot style.

OP
DanMan

DanMan

Reaction score
Let me know how the Motorola works out. I pickup up a ProHD at Best Buy yesterday and it seemed about the same. I returned it today. I may try one of my boss's Blue Parrots as he has extra's of EVERYTHING lol.

blackdog043

Reaction score
Well I've been using the Moto H730 this week, it's about the same as the Plantronics. I called HTC and they said try another b/t, the 3rd one might work(haha), if not try a factory reset. If that doesn't work, he said I could take it back to Verizon or send it in for a warranty swap to them.
Did you try the Blue Parrot? How did it work? I really don't want to have that on my head all day!!
Edit: I'm using the extended battery, I was looking inside the covers and noticed the original cover has more metal for the antenna. I wounder if that has anything to do with these problems and reception. I think I'll try using it and see.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a blueant Q2 and I haven't had a problem on any ROM except Newt's new ROM(because bluetooth WAS broken)