Bluetooth volume is too loud

xcxkeithxcx

Reaction score
Just changed over from an LG ally to a droid 4 and now whenever I connect my LG HBS-730 bluetooth headset the volume is always at max no matter how I try to set the volume. Anyone know how to fix this?

drryan50

Reaction score
I just encountered this today on my Droid 4. My audio wasn't actually maxed out, but even the lowest volume was too loud. I fixed it by installing DSP Manager and dropped all the equalizer settings to their lowest. Since they all dropped equally, the audio didn't distort, but the base volume level dropped back down to normal levels.

mcotter11

Reaction score
I have a Sony bluetooth headset that I use with Pandora on my Motorola Razr M. The first pair I had the volume controls were fine, the second set I got (the other pair was stolen) were way too loud. The media volume on the phone was set to the lowest without being off (there is no volume control on the headset) and no matter what I tried, I either had blow you ear drums out or off volume. I tried downloading all sorts of 3rd party apps for volume control with no luck. What did work (not really sure why) was I went into the settings for the Sony Headset in the Bluetooth connection screen of my phone, unchecked the Use Media Volume control, turned on Pandora, maxed the volume, reconnected to the headset via bluetooth, disconnected, turned back on the Use Media Volume control in the bluetooth settings for the headset and all works fine now. I can now run with my headset without worry that a car will drive up behind me and I won't hear it.