Bluetooth voice recognition problem

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by ILUVULU, May 7, 2011.

1. ILUVULU

ILUVULU New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The voice recognition does not get anything right when going across the bluetooth. It I tell it to "Call Mary Frankenstien on Mobile", it comes back with "Call Andy?". It is not even close! It works great when talking directly to the phone. If I use the Voice Dialer, it never misses.

I have tried two different Motorola blue tooth headsets on 4 different Thunderbolt phones.

Has anyone had success in voice recognition over the bluetooth?

2. ionide

ionide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the same issue, it's horrible and super inconvenient.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

3. ILUVULU

ILUVULU New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you heard if anyone is working on fixing it? I called HTC tech support and the guy I talked with said that there is nothing in the works. That would seem increadbly stupid if they are not working on it.

4. ionide

ionide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't looked into it, so no.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

5. ILUVULU

ILUVULU New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally figured it out. It is not a problem with the bluetooth. It is a problem with the phone being setup correctly. I tried Bluetooth's from Motorola, Blue Ant and Jawbone. None of them would come up with the correct phone number when I hit the button on the bluetooth and told it to call such and such.

This is what I did.

Go to Menu, settings, applications, manage applications. Select All. Scroll down to Phone (HTC Corporation), click on Clear data. This will clear out a bunch of stuff in the phones brain. It will not kill applications or other data in the phone, just the cobwebs in the phone system itself.

Then do a restart.

After the restart go to Menu, settings, applications, manage applications. Select All. Scroll down to Bluetooth Share, click on Clear data. This will clear out a bunch of stuff in the bluetooth portion of the phones brain.

After this it started working on the Jawbone ICON. So, I tried by Motorola 710 again and it works also. Now I hit the button on the bluetooth, wait for it to say "Speak now", wait for a second or two, the phone will display listening, then say call such and such on mobile, or at home... Mine works every time now!

6. sliderman

sliderman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ILUVULU's fix on his HTC also worked on Samsung Charge - thank you, thank you.

7. hotdogguynj

hotdogguynj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you!

Awesome! I have had the phone since march, but got a me Bluetooth hs last night, and
    Was frustrated by this problem, I googled it, found this thread, and it now works great! Thanks for posting the fix!

Search tags for this page
bad voice recognition on android incredible 2
bluetooth voice recognition
bluetooth voice recognition issues

bluetooth voice recognition problems

htc dna voice recognition
htc incredible voice recognition not working
htc one bluetooth speech recognition issue

thunderbolt voice recognition

voice recognition for htc thunderbolt
voice recognition issues with bluetooth