Bluetooth Voice Dialer Issues

mikemullin6

Reaction score
which nightly build?

What ROM are you running? If it's a CM 6.1 RC, which one? What kernel?

I occasionally have had that problem, but it's been much better since I moved past RC2 -- of course, I skipped 3 altogether and have been running a a nightly build since. If it freezes on the voice dialer's load I have to unlock my phone and hit the back softkey. That clears it and it works the next time I hit the button on my headset.

Rather inconvenient while driving, however.

which nightly build are you using? Is it available through RM?

thx

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Well, I took the plunge and put CM6.1 RC3 on my phone the other night (still running stock kernel that came with it). I am still noticing intances where the bluetooth craps out between calls. My first call is usually good, but then subsequent calls are hit or miss. It looks like my bluetooth is active but nothing is coming out of the earpiece. I have not loaded any nightly builds. Will it make a difference? Is there an option to just put a newer or more stable bluetooth.apk on my phone to see if it helps without a nightly build upgrade? Thanks.

OP
furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's faster and easier to flash one of the nightlies, and other than one reported instance where the Google app pack didn't carry over that I'm aware of, there's no data loss.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Ok, I'll look into the nightlies. Has anyone out there had a reliable Bluetooth experience with the Droid and CM (or any ROM for that matter)? I've gone from 2.1 to 2.2 to UD8 to UD1.0 to UD2.0 to CM 6.1RC3. Is it me?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've not had a problem other than the initial one, and that was .apk-specific. :)

I'm using one shipped direct-to-me-from-China at $8 delivered and $2 for the replacement ear hooks because the one that came with it was a joke. I just broke the second one so I need to try to either order a new headset or new hooks. :)

prissyo

Reaction score
maybe you can help me my droid x will not download the address book to my 2011 huyndai. everything else works fine with the bluetooth

OP
furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's something I'd contact Hyundai over, see if they know of a problem. I imagine Hyundai is using some weird OS for their systems.

prissyo

Reaction score
got it to work by downloading BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER APP fooled with it for a while hit the left button and contact list came asked to transfer all ..working for now