Bluetooth Voice Dial

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by JRDroid, Jul 27, 2010.

1. JRDroid

JRDroid New Member

I understand this feature is baked into 2.2, but it is not working for me on 4.5. It was working on Bugless Beast. I prefer SS, but if I can't get this working I will have to stick with BB. Is this just me or is this a known bug?
  2. K1K

K1K Member

it's been working for me. although it has been a bit quirky at times. but most the time it works fine. and the voice recognition it top notch.
  3. thunter

thunter New Member

Really? What is the command to activate it? Where can I find this out and how to use it?
  4. K1K

K1K Member

I kinda found it by accident. If I long press the button on the side of my blue tooth headset, it kicks it on automatically. :icon_ banana:

it's so much faster and more accurate than the google voice search.
  5. groovydeus

groovydeus New Member

I have been having the same issue - is this headset specific? I am using a Jawbone Prime and am not able to Voice Dial or to get Audio (other than after I accept an incoming call) over my headset.
  6. gmmurphy

gmmurphy New Member

worked on bbv0.4 not with ss4.5 of for that matter any other rom. i long pressed in bb but cannot get it to work with ss. go figure. get something give up something the world of swapping roms. by god it is fun though.
  7. Asterisk

Asterisk New Member

I have no problem with it. I am using a Motorola bluetooth headset.
  8. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

If you are already paired with your droid try turning your headset on and off a few times to see if it will pick up (waiting a min or so between attempts) if not follow the steps below...

1. go to menu> settings> wireless & networks, make sure bluetooth is enabled, then go to bluetooth settings. if there is an entry under "bluetooth devices" for the headset you are using press and hold on that item for a few seconds until you get a popup window...then select unpair.(if there is nothing under "bluetooth devices" go to step 2)

2. set your headset in pairing mode and try to pair with the droid. (this proceedure varies depending on device manufacturer) once your headset is in pairing mode select scan for devices on your droid and let it do it's thing. (you may or may not have to enter a password/code, you may also be asked to pair with the device) this should get you connected.

note: in some cases, step 2 may need to be done 2 or 3 times.
    good luck...hope this helps.
  9. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

I have a Jawbone 2 and voice dialing is activated by holding down the top button for a couple seconds until it beeps.

It's whatever your headset's "multi-function" button is.
  10. Earthwalker

Earthwalker New Member

I have a jawbone prime and am able to voice dial with SS 4.3.

Just push the noise assassin then it says "Speek Now"
  11. hannibalektr

hannibalektr New Member

I have the jawbone noiseassassin 2.5 (just bought it last night along with my droid fascinate galaxy and sure I can press the button for a couple seconds and hear the wimpy "voice dialing", but after that it doesn't take any commands, it just lets me cuss at it while I wonder why my five year old old moto Q could do something this brand new droid can not, allow me to make voice commands from my bluetooth headset.

-January, 2006-
    MotoQ=free
    old bluetooth headset from longs drugs store=$12.00
    voice commands=works great

-fast forward to March, 2011-
    $100 droid fascinate + $100.00 Jawbone bluetooth
    voice commands=don't work,

WTF are I.Q's dropping in the tech space? or are companies blatently trying to rip people off now? I guess that is what happens when you fire off all the employees with a pension...
  12. hannibalektr

hannibalektr New Member

I'd like to add that my phone could NOT be locked for hands free to work on the android fascinate galaxy w an ear piece. You'll hear "voice Dialing" from the ear piece, but the the phone wont kick in and says "Please say a command" unless the phone is unlocked (probably due to the old security flaw related to this).
    So, unlock your phone, then you can start voice dialing with the ear piece (I hope this works for you).

Nuance voice command was not working from the ear piece at all (locked or not), I think, until I downloaded google app "voice actions" and played around w it, then rebooted and hands free worked from my ear piece using NUANCE (go figure).
    Who knows, could have been something else I did because I did quite a bit of phucking around with settings and apps n what not, but downloading the google app was the last big thing I did before rebooting for the 3rd time and getting it to finally initialize over the earpiece.

Funny thing is though, google "voice actions" doesn't work, and nuance finally does ROFL, phucking technology. Nuance works by default, so you don't have to turn it on or set it up.

So to recap, this is what worked for me: Install the free google voice command ap (Voice Actions for Android), reboot phone, make sure it isnt locked and then place a hands free call w ur ear piece through NUANCE!! NOT GOOGLE VOICE COMMAND!!

Download Here: Google voice command
    Hardware:
    Android Fascinate Galaxy s
    Icon Jawbone noise assassin 2.5

PS
    You can also see a video about voice activate on youtube, but it doesnt work at all for me on my fascinate.
  13. crazyjoker2

crazyjoker2 New Member

mine doesn't promt me, but dials nicely.
  14. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

I have a Jawbone 2 (not Prime), and voice dialing works on my D1, in lockscreen and any other time... voice says "Speak now". Sometimes there's a lag before the voice dialer launches, but it works.

One glitch though with this Jawbone... whenever I first power it on, the volume is always down to minimum so I have to turn the volume back up every time... and I can't do that until AFTER I place or receive a call. Just something I've learned to live with.
Search tags for this page

chevy cruz bluetooth doesn't say please say command

galaxy s4 voice dialing when locked
jawbone 2 voice dialing
jawbone voice dialing not working with 4.1.2
longs pharmacy bluetooth devices
off line dial bluetooth
phone chevy cruze dialing
samsung galaxy s4 jawbone voice dial google search
voice dial from jawbone to note 3
why won't my jawbone era allow me to voice dial